Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these about 2 months ago and the other day i noticed that the passanger side bracket had some kind of wired discoloring on it. It looks almost like it has been burned or had some chemical spill thing on it. I though it might have been from the sun being that i live in AZ but then i though that it would happen to both of them not just one. Ive tried washing them and no change. Here are some pics. any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i don't see it to be honest. They look like they have a little wear and tear but thats about it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at the first picture, thats the off color one. The second one is how it should look, thats how they came

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
The one is turning "less blk"?? Like a copper or something??

Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one is turning "less blk"?? Like a copper or something??

Where did you get them from?

Exactly. Its not like its scrapped or anything.

I got them from americanmuscle, the black shelbys ones they have

·
Registered
746 Posts
thats how they came
if this is the case,you should have contacted a.m before installing.
you can contact them,but they have no obligation to do anything now since you installed them.
why did you install if they came that way?they are definatly diff. colors.
you could take off and spray them flat black so they match,just an idea:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if this is the case,you should have contacted a.m before installing.
you can contact them,but they have no obligation to do anything now since you installed them.
why did you install if they came that way?they are definatly diff. colors.
you could take off and spray them flat black so they match,just an idea:bigthumbsup

haha, im sorry. Just the second picture is how they came. They were both black and looked in perfect condition. Nothing was wrong with them untill a few days ago when i noticed the passangers side one being discolored

·
Registered
383 Posts
I see the diff in your pics and IMHO, It's unacceptable for them to change colors in such an uneven manor.

I would call AM and see what they can do. If a second set does the same thing, then maybe you're better off with something else.

·
Registered
746 Posts
yes then contact a.m and explain your issue. they shouldnt do that,and it cant be a chemical thing that you have caused because its only happening to the hood pin and nothing else. it could have happened to many other customers,doesnt hurt to call and ask,right!? worst they can say is ,sorry cant help you [which i doubt they will say]:bigthumbsup good luck

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Jared,

Have those pictures ready and give one of our experts at AM a call: 866-727-1266 and they can get you taken care of. Tell them Chris Young from AllFordMustangs sent you.

Once they have the pictures they can get a replacement set sent out immediately. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, so that we could get you taken care of! Also, thank you for your patience and understanding!

Have a great night!

-Chris

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
yep, Kudo's to AM once again.

Now to your problem. Its a metaphysical imbalance of the atmposperic particles surrounding the hood pins. Since you live in AZ, the sun's temperance is much greater which causes the atmospheric particles to be heated to a much greater degree causing the composite metals in the hood pins to be affected via discoloration. The remedy is to purchase a small sun umbrella to fit over your hood pins or sunglasses till the sun decreases its intensity and no longer charges the atmospheric particles in such a way. :kooky: Something like that...:heha:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
yep, Kudo's to AM once again.

Now to your problem. Its a metaphysical imbalance of the atmposperic particles surrounding the hood pins. Since you live in AZ, the sun's temperance is much greater which causes the atmospheric particles to be heated to a much greater degree causing the composite metals in the hood pins to be affected via discoloration. The remedy is to purchase a small sun umbrella to fit over your hood pins or sunglasses till the sun decreases its intensity and no longer charges the atmospheric particles in such a way. :kooky: Something like that...:heha:
Greatest answer ever!!!

I was thinking, does one side of your car sit in the sun a lot more. Cant really tell from the pic, but it looks like the stripe may be a bit lighter on that side too. Or not.

Yes! Just more proof why I always recommend AM and why I've been called an "AM Fanboy" by one or two people here. If anyone deserves a Fanboy, it's American Muscle:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes AmericanMuscle is great! ill be givin them a call tomorrow as its to late tonight. I have always been pleased with them and this is just another awesome thing they have done!!

pikapp: next time i go to a mexican restruant ill get a few of the drink umbrellas on my way you:winks

oaklawnchris: Im almost never parked outside, i have a garage at my condo and constant shade at my work. But anyway im glad that AM is able to help me out:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Its not even americanmuscles fault either. Arizona is like living in hell. Now with a little humidity! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Its not even americanmuscles fault either. Arizona is like living in hell. Now with a little humidity! :bigthumbsup

True, but I would blame it on a faulty product. I think OP said they were Shelby, that's who I'd blame and I'm sure AM will be sending those back for a refund. For it to be weather/sun related, both pins would look equally bad.

AM will send those out ASAP too. I actually received a new product before I shipped the faulty one back, and I actually felt guilty about it. I shipped it the next day, lol, totally free of charge of course. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes that is true, Im sure they just got it in then shipped it to me, so im sure it will go back to the maker. But arizona is crazy, ill post a new thread of how my car looked after the movies tonight

1 - 17 of 17 Posts