Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Have an annoying problem with my 2011 GT Premium 6 speed. First thing in the morning when I start it up (have AC on as in Az) the idle swings from about 1000 to about 300. Makes going in first an interesting experience as the car surges and tries to stall. After about a mile issue is gone and idle is rock steady. Very strange. Hesitating to bring it to shop as the only way for them to see the problem is to keep the car overnight. Does it every morning. Any ideas? Thanks Brian

·
Registered
151 Posts
This car has a rough idle do to the tivct and when the ac is on its worse cause of engine load. Turn ac off then start car and let it warm up before turning ac on

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback - I will give it a try for sure. One thing I failed to mention is that this just started about mid september with no issues in July or August. So it is a new thing - but will definately give your suggestion a shot!

Brian

·
Registered
203 Posts
Start the car without A/C the idle should be up, then the idle should drop 300-350 RPMs after a minute or so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Started the car this morning with the A/C off. Same thing happenned again. Car starts out and then almost stops/stalls while accelerator is in constant position. Push in clutch and Tack swings from about 300 to 1000 rpm back and forth. After about a mile of driving everything smooths out and rpm at idle (with clutch pushed in) is rock solid with very little movement. Guess it is going to have to go in the shop. As I mentioned earlier - this is something that just recently cropped up - never did it in the past.

·
Registered
270 Posts
acadiaman,

Haven't had your problem occur with my '11. I have also started the engine with the A/C on, and everything is normal. The temps here are as hot, if not hotter, than Chandler.

Good luck with the dealer, and post what they find.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That still isn't right. It does idle up on start, but nothing like my 2010 did. But, mine only fluctuate a little at idle and it is likely attributable to the TCiVT or whatever it is called.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Black GT-Mine does that exactly. Idle. RPM's goes up and down. Almost stalls. And has so a couple of times

Had a coil in cylinder 8 replaced
Had new throttle assembly replaced (drive by wire sensor)
Had spark plug in cylinder #2 replaced

Better but still does it. Annoying. Sitting in stop and go traffic or a stop light and then rev up and then rev down. On the rev down it will sputter then rev up. Guess computer is trying to stop a stall.

Fine under load.

Sent a email to my service manager, again, today. No response yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.