Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Shaker500, when I turn on the stereo I hear a pop sound coming form the speakers. In CD or radio modes, it does it intermittently sometimes it pops then the music starts, sometimes the music starts then it pops. This started two weeks ago, I have had the car for over 4 months. I took it in to the dealer, they said it was normal. How could it be normal if it just started 2 weeks ago? I know that some aftermarket systems make that sound as the amp turns on. I was wondering if anyone has the same problem.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I guess you have the volume set as you used to...??

I think you're correct that it's from the amp turning on but why now... sounds like it's geting power later than it used to... have you added anything to your bus?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is completely stock, I haven't touched nothing with the stereo. Today I faded to the back speakers and I still hear it coming from the door spearkers. I will be phoning Ford of Canada on this one. They better have the problem solved. The car has Ford warranty.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Okay... my thinking wa if you had installed some AM alarm, heated seats, etc. They might 'steal' power from the amps bus and delay its turning on...

Good luck with Ford!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts