Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently shelby is doing a 2012 Shelby GTS. I love the looks of this "deep draw hood" but don't care for the front end. Next to the saleen hood I would love to have this one.

I tried looking for other threads but only came up with one request for the hood with 3 total posts.

Here's a link to the pdf.

So what do you think?

I hate the non-painted mirros, wheels, lower side stripe and could do without the bumper.

·
Registered
439 Posts
looks stock I mean I know it have a new front and hood but the rest of the car look well the same, any engine mods?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As with all the shelby crap every option you add adds to the pricetag. If you go to the pdf link it shows the standard options for the starting price and then has all the options.

It basically includes the front end, hood, crappy baer 2 piston brakes in front (better rotors), eradispeed rotors in rear, exhaust handling package, rear exhaust and the $150 gt500 rear valance. Only other thing that it includes is purely cosmetic as far as stickers, floor mats and that kind of crap.

All for the low low price of just $12,000! What a joke.

Only thing I want out of the whole package is the hood but I don't want the front bumper.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry I went right down to the pic, I see a SC in the picture, is that an option? Maybe the exhaust will be another good option for standard GT's

·
Registered
146 Posts
oh man.. it comes with SHELBY FLOOR MATTS>>> DAMN ITTT..i should've bought one lol

(not sure if you can tell my sarcasm)
lets see, normal gt + 12k = boss Leguna Seca in my book , not some "shelby GTS"

now a gt500 .. is another story

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I went right down to the pic, I see a SC in the picture, is that an option? Maybe the exhaust will be another good option for standard GT's
SC is extra and knowing how shelby marks everything up I'm sure that's another 12k. :rolleyes:

oh man.. it comes with SHELBY FLOOR MATTS>>> DAMN ITTT..i should've bought one lol

I'd be all over a gt500 with PP for that kind of coin. That 12k doesn't even account for a supercharger. Only power adder is the exhaust which prolly only adds a couple if any hp.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
This car was at the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA last week. It is a V6 with the Shelby GTS package and had an automatic transmission.

It looks pretty good in person!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC is extra and knowing how shelby marks everything up I'm sure that's another 12k. :rolleyes:

I'd be all over a gt500 with PP for that kind of coin. That 12k doesn't even account for a supercharger. Only power adder is the exhaust which prolly only adds a couple if any hp. Shelby needs to pull their heads outta their arses.

It doesn't even look $4k better than a regular gt.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
At first, i liked the hood just as much as everyone else. Now, after seeing a few more pics, I'm kinda 50/50 on it...:scratchchin

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow Chiz you are right. Those inlets look horrid. I think that the hood looks good from the front but the stripes and bumper (upper and lower grill areas) throw off the look.

Thanks for those pics, BTW.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't care for anything Shelby builds/sells, and I'm not including the GT500 in this as Shelby doesn't actually touch those.

Overpriced junk. You pay out the nose for the name, no thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't care for anything Shelby builds/sells, and I'm not including the GT500 in this as Shelby doesn't actually touch those.

Overpriced junk. You pay out the nose for the name, no thanks.
Hey! The Alcoa/Shelby Super Snake Wheels are amazing looking! :worship

·
Registered
332 Posts
Unless it's a Shelby GT500, GT350, or Super Snake no mustang should carry the Shelby name. When I hear Shelby I think badass 500+ HP mustang. Not a mustang the has a bodykit. Much rather have my own bodykit for much less money and it would be more unique. Although I like the hood on the Shelby GTS. Maybe they'll make one for the s197's. :scratchchin

·
Registered
203 Posts

the shelby gts is a V6 supercharged;) and not the gt

say 20k + 12k = mustang gt in my book:yelpleased:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually the GTS can be bought for both the V6 or the GT.

I wonder what the gt500 would be without the "shelby" endorsement, I say better and possibly less expensive.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Compare the Boss Laguna Seca edition to the Shelby GT350. The Boss costs less and performs better. Easy decision if you want a fun performance ride and can give up the luxury frills...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't like the LS. I'd rather stick with a gt and load some cash into it, now if only money grew on trees! :gringreen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts