Ford Mustang Forum banner

Anyone here installed plastic side louvers

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  stlwagon 
#1 ·
Anybody got any experience working with plastic side louvers?
I bought a set of SSE louvers for my '05. When I test fitted them they don't sit flat against the window all the way around. The back half fits real close to the window but the front corners are raised up about 1/4" to 3/8" above the window surface.
I don't think the tape will hold them if I have to press them down to meet the window. Any ideas on how to fix this. I guess I need to get more of a curve along the front edge but how?
I emailed and called SSE but that was a waste of time. They didn't answer the email & the lady I talked to just kept saying the tape would hold them on. Kinda hard for the tape to hold them on when it isn't even touching the glass for about a 3" length.
Hope somebody has a good idea.
Art

#2 ·
it will hold them!! a LOT of oemparts are held on with 3M tape, the GT,or Pony emblems, the rear badge, and alotof aftermarket stufftoo,it is strong stuff. mine were the same, but they are still there and fit close to the window, they hold their shape with time i think? But i have had mine (roush) for about 9 months and they are still there and fit perfect!

#3 ·
it helps if you install them on a very warm day. or...you can use a hair dryer to warm them up so they conform better. be sure to clean the areas where the tape will be (both on the part and the car). That 3M tape is fantastic stuff. If you prep right.....it will never come off.

#4 ·
Sse

I installed the same louvers last year, and they are still holding up. The warm day Idea is a good one, and I would suggest holding them in place for a few minutes, or propping something against them to let them seat well. I did use a touch of epoxy on a toothpick on one corner of mine, but once it seated, it is perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.