Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I used AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil in my last car ('09 Lancer GTS) and really liked it over the OEM oil. I am wondering if anyone is using it or another AMSOIL oil in their '11 Stang.

If so which model filter are you using? I bought another 5 QT's for my last car right before I traded it in for the Stang so I'd like to put it in this car soon but need to find out what model AMSOIL filter I need.

https://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motor-oil-engine-oil

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've heard good stuff about AMSOIL, but I've never used it.

I use Royal Purple, with a Puralator PurOne filter. Next time I'll be using Royal Purple's filter but this one is fine.

AMSOIL makes good filters as well, but since the 5.0 is new, I don't know quite which model it uses.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard good stuff about AMSOIL, but I've never used it.

I use Royal Purple, with a Puralator PurOne filter. Next time I'll be using Royal Purple's filter but this one is fine.

AMSOIL makes good filters as well, but since the 5.0 is new, I don't know quite which model it uses.
How many miles is the PurOne good for? The EaO is good for 25,000 guaranteed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If I do wind up getting a Mustang, I'll certainly be using it as I have used it in every vehicle I've owned and been very happy with it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How many miles is the PurOne good for? The EaO is good for 25,000 guaranteed.
I have no idea. It doesn't really matter to me because I change my oil and filter at 4000 miles or 6 months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea. It doesn't really matter to me because I change my oil and filter at 4000 miles or 6 months.
The new stangs are deep sump and recommended every 10k with the partial synthetic motorcraft oil. Every 4k is way too exccessive especially with AMSOIL (SSO is rated at 35k, Non-SSO.. every 25k miles).

·
Registered
396 Posts
The new stangs are deep sump and recommended every 10k with the partial synthetic motorcraft oil. Every 4k is way too exccessive especially with AMSOIL (SSO is rated at 35k, Non-SSO.. every 25k miles).
Yes the 2011's don't need that, but the oil pump system is different on my Cobra. It's got a 7 qt pan but that doesn't mean I can change every 10K miles. I like to keep the oil fairly fresh since the motor loves to rev.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have used Amsoil for the past ten years. It has done extremely well in both my vehicles. I also do Blackstone oil analysis just to make sure the oil and filter is doing what they are susposed to. Amsoil is a very high grade oil. I believe a high tier 111 or tier IV I can;t remember which at the moment. Much better then OEM or blended oils. I would not trust any OEM filter for 25,000 miles without an analysis to back it up. Remember, FORD is only interested in getting the engine past the warranty mark and running any filter for 25,000 miles is extreme even for Amsoil. Even with a large sump, the filter still has to filter all the oil and will fill up with debris. Also, most of the running we do is actually classed as Extreme by the oil companies due to stop and go traffic and that cuts the maxium milage by at least 30%. I run my Amsoil, Mobil one or Pure One filters for around 6-8,000 miles and leave my Amsoil oil in for 12-16,000 or every other filter. As long as you can keep the oil clean then most better oils will do the job for many miles. My oil analysis have always been great with the TBN at more then half of new. Remember, with the cost of a new engine, good oil and filters are a great investment. For anyone who wants to learn more about oil or filters visit bobistheoilguy. It is a site for and about oils and you will learn everything you wanted to know.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a coworker who swears by AMSoil.

I use Royal Purple personally. Everything I've read about AMSoil seems great also though.

Enjoy it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.