Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems everyone is doing something to his car, but is there anyone here planning on keeping it bone stock? I think in the long run keeping it stock the best decision for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only thing I have added is the sequential tail lights. Well worth it. I might get some satin door lock knobs and a power port cover. I guess those would be mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I may at this point keep mine stock. I have been looking at mods, but haven't really decided that the added value is worth the cost. But you never know the bug may bite.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm

John said:
It seems everyone is doing something to his car, but is there anyone here planning on keeping it bone stock? I think in the long run keeping it stock the best decision for me.
Done the modding thing with the 03 Avalanche and 04 Tacoma Pre Runner...

WHEN my 06 Mustang comes in, the only thing I am gonna do is drive, clean and maintain...

I want this one stock.... I am keeping her for a long, long, long time! :D

90% of the time mods decrease horespower/torque and definatley decrease value.....

As far as I am concerned she is perfect....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Packoo said:
Done the modding thing with the 03 Avalanche and 04 Tacoma Pre Runner...

WHEN my 06 Mustang comes in, the only thing I am gonna do is drive, clean and maintain...

I want this one stock.... I am keeping her for a long, long, long time! :D

90% of the time mods decrease horespower/torque and definatley decrease value.....

As far as I am concerned she is perfect....
Exactly how I feel. :thumbsup

If I want to fool around with a car, I'd probably just get a circa 1990 Mustang 5.0 or even the 1999-2004 MY GTs. In fact, that would probably be a good idea later on when I have a steady job and have my own home.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Naaahhh, I like mine too much to mess with it much! Probably won't mod anything. She's fast enough for me, reliable, looks great....what else would I want?

·
Registered
75 Posts
John, thats what I am doing... Just bought a house, wife an 05 Scion tC and trading in my trucks for the mustang...

I will buy a beater pick up for runs to Home Depot and muddin...

the Stang is for fun...:cooldude:

Crazy, I am with you, shes got everything I need :D

SHE IS THE OTHER WOMAN for me :thumbsup

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
To be stock or not to be stock...

I have done a few mods to my girl, but in all reality, I still have all of the stock parts just in case 30 years from now that I want a "concourse" Mustang. I do like the stock power, but let's face it, new exhaust and intake sure make it sound better while giving more power, while the lowering kit, the 20" wheels and light bar makes it looks better, the future Vortec supercharger will definitely give it more power, and all of the mods (present and future) make it perform even better. So I will keep the mods for a wile, and when I grow too old for fun, I will go concourse (although, I really never see me getting too old for fun or horsepower). :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think the only things I would like to have done would be to get rid of the antenna like some other fellow here did, and re-wire a hidden one under the hood. That and maybe paint the side mirrors. I don't want any performance mods, since she's a vert and anything that encourages me to go faster in that car than it will already go will probably just get me killed.

In all honesty, I probably won't do a thing to her at all. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm modifying mine as much as I can afford. Saving up for a supercharger right now. A mod (intake/engine) done correctly will increase horsepower/torque 90% of the time. As far as decreasing value, that's gonna happen no matter what you do. Ford made almost 200,000 Mustangs for 2005. After 200K '06 models get put out there, the pricing will even out and the depreciation of the '05s will start. Enjoy it for the fun car it is no matter what you do or don't do to it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
craig66 said:
I'm modifying mine as much as I can afford. Saving up for a supercharger right now. A mod (intake/engine) done correctly will increase horsepower/torque 90% of the time. As far as decreasing value, that's gonna happen no matter what you do. Ford made almost 200,000 Mustangs for 2005. After 200K '06 models get put out there, the pricing will even out and the depreciation of the '05s will start. Enjoy it for the fun car it is no matter what you do or don't do to it.
I agree but after goin the mod route for my 2 trucks, it actually makes potential buyers hesitate... THOUGH I DONT PLAN ON SELLING MUSTANG...

I question the modding that increases power... from experiance, they make the vehicle feel and sound better but... I dont want to get in a pissin match with anyone, but 90% of the time mods dont do what is advertised...

bottom line, I am keeping mine stock and saving that money for other things... like tires :rolleyes: :smoke: :sosad:

what others do with their cars and $$$ is up to them.. I enjoy the talk and excitement of doing mods, even helping with labor... but this time around, I am an observer in the modding...

When I go to car shows, I always enjoy those 50s, 60s and 70s cars that have been kept stock for all this time.. my personal tastes :winks

I dont need to mod to smoke the ricers around here anyway :nogrinner :thumbsup :shiny:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I plan to keep my car stock, the only mods i will have on the car will be cosmetic mods, no engine mods

·
Registered
24 Posts
Never even considered it.

Mine seems fine as is. But after reading this forum, the sequential tailights and power cover inside are a little tempting. School and college tuitions for the kids eat up all of my disposable income however.

Thanks,

Mr. Toad

LLR #0063

·
Registered
276 Posts
John said:
Nope. Having way too much fun!:strut

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is tough to keep a $20k car stock. You always want to do something to it. But all the mods I'm doing can be change back to stock easily so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When my Mustang arrives I'm leaning towards an exahust upgrade and possibly suspension upgrades but this is way down the road. I was dreaming of putting a S/C in but in my town the cops are gonna be hasseling cars they suspect have racing mods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.