Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any photos of mustang ricers? I remember a funny story back when I was in basic training at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. I had a drill sergeant named Bonnaman. He was a typical hard ass. Every day he'd pull up in his 01' Gt that had every single aftermarket cosmetic part that you could possibly fit on a car. I wish I could have got a photo of it, you'd all piss your pants.

It had the GT badge on rear, and on the other side it had a cobra snake, then the side fender badges had Mach 1 emblems, there were the running board stickers that said GT500. It had some double wing giant spoiler on it, it was red with two fat black racing stripes. It had stock rims at least. The hood was a shaker, hood pins and a giant Mustang sticker across the windshield. The rear windshield and quarter glass had every sticker of performance companies I'm sure he didn't even own any parts from.

One day in formation when he pulled up, I chuckled and asked him what kind of car it was, I was speaking aloud in formation which was immediate grounds for me to start pushing earth, but instead drill seargeant bonneman answered me with the answer of "Its a mustang dumbass." to which I replied, "which kind...GT, Cobra, Mach 1, GT500...?" Everyone laughed and I was in the front leaning rest for quite some time, still laughing.

I have a few people that live near me that are mustang ricers. My favorite is the V6 owner that has a compulsion to try to make their car look like a GT or a cobra. There is one in my neighborhood that looks sweet, but it sounds like a lawnmower with it's loud exhaust and the annoying backpressure popping sound as he beats the unmerciful crap out of his car trying to impress someone, not me, but someone must think that's cool. He drives like a madman until he sees another mustang around and then all of a sudden he's the most civilized driver on the road, like he's trying to get the allstate driver discount or something. I saw it a few times while in my GTP. I wanted to beat him with my car and laugh at him for getting spanked by a four door family car with a baby seat in the back!

Any mustang has potential. Yeah i know you can turbo your V6 or your GT and make a million horsepower and fly to the moon and beat a top fuel dragster, blah blah blah, whatever, we all heard it. But there should be a law somewhere so that these window licking re-re's stop making a perfectly beautiful mustangs into something that looks like my dog ate chrismas ornaments and puked all over your car!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I whooped a v6 mustang with my focus a few months ago, the guy had it all riced out with stripes and wheels, and bolgna tubes. After I tore him up he pulled behind me at the gas station and asked what was under the hood, I just said a 2.0L Zetec. I didn't tell him It was worked over. Me and my brother laughed so hard at the dude. :heha:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone got any photos of mustang ricers? I remember a funny story back when I was in basic training at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. I had a drill sergeant named Bonnaman. He was a typical hard ass. Every day he'd pull up in his 01' Gt that had every single aftermarket cosmetic part that you could possibly fit on a car. I wish I could have got a photo of it, you'd all piss your pants.

It had the GT badge on rear, and on the other side it had a cobra snake, then the side fender badges had Mach 1 emblems, there were the running board stickers that said GT500. It had some double wing giant spoiler on it, it was red with two fat black racing stripes. It had stock rims at least. The hood was a shaker, hood pins and a giant Mustang sticker across the windshield. The rear windshield and quarter glass had every sticker of performance companies I'm sure he didn't even own any parts from.

One day in formation when he pulled up, I chuckled and asked him what kind of car it was, I was speaking aloud in formation which was immediate grounds for me to start pushing earth, but instead drill seargeant bonneman answered me with the answer of "Its a mustang dumbass." to which I replied, "which kind...GT, Cobra, Mach 1, GT500...?" Everyone laughed and I was in the front leaning rest for quite some time, still laughing.

I have a few people that live near me that are mustang ricers. My favorite is the V6 owner that has a compulsion to try to make their car look like a GT or a cobra. There is one in my neighborhood that looks sweet, but it sounds like a lawnmower with it's loud exhaust and the annoying backpressure popping sound as he beats the unmerciful crap out of his car trying to impress someone, not me, but someone must think that's cool. He drives like a madman until he sees another mustang around and then all of a sudden he's the most civilized driver on the road, like he's trying to get the allstate driver discount or something. I saw it a few times while in my GTP. I wanted to beat him with my car and laugh at him for getting spanked by a four door family car with a baby seat in the back!

Any mustang has potential. Yeah i know you can turbo your V6 or your GT and make a million horsepower and fly to the moon and beat a top fuel dragster, blah blah blah, whatever, we all heard it. But there should be a law somewhere so that these window licking re-re's stop making a perfectly beautiful mustangs into something that looks like my dog ate chrismas ornaments and puked all over your car!
lmfao! im gonna have to start taking some pics of the oes i see around here!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
there are a bunch of mustangs around my neighborhood (hacienda Heights) which is right next to a neighborhood called Avocado Heights, which is notorious for having a large amount of ranchero looking mexican, you know the ones with the horses and GMC sierras. Anyhow, its a pretty nice area full of big houses, and SUVs thah have been filled up with bling up to the ying yang, but also you get those wanna be racers that buy a Mustang and then decide to put all the chrome accesories you can possibly find at autozone. You know like the fake vents and stuff that looks really tacky, along with the 22" chrome rims and a exhaust.

The worst ive seen had every ridge body line full of chrome, incloding the fender liners..

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are a bunch of mustangs around my neighborhood (hacienda Heights) which is right next to a neighborhood called Avocado Heights, which is notorious for having a large amount of ranchero looking mexican, you know the ones with the horses and GMC sierras. Anyhow, its a pretty nice area full of big houses, and SUVs thah have been filled up with bling up to the ying yang, but also you get those wanna be racers that buy a Mustang and then decide to put all the chrome accesories you can possibly find at autozone. You know like the fake vents and stuff that looks really tacky, along with the 22" chrome rims and a exhaust.

The worst ive seen had every ridge body line full of chrome, incloding the fender liners..
yeah! I've seen the fox body with those huge chrome fender accents that stick on. It was a GT and had cracked the ground effects on both sides, paint chipped everywhere, but it had these chrome fender and door accents, and the double chromed wiper blades from autozone! And don't forget the "Type R" seat covers!

The most annoying mustang ricer is the base model 4cylinder owners that put a coffee can exhaust on it and treat is just like an import, what is with that? I had a classmate in college that did that to his, he could only do a burnout in reverse, it overheated and had visible rust that he didn't even try to repair, but it had this coffee can and rims on it!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mustang was rescued from ricers. When I bought mine in Texas, a woman owned it before me and it got repossesed, it had clear out tailights, and nailpolish on the bumper that filled in Mustang GT, the nailpolish job wasn't even good, it was running in spots and she didn't even fill in all the letters, I think it was done by someone stoned or drunk at the time. There was a CAI under the hood, it didn't even have an air filter on it!!!! It had bullitt style wheels but completely bald tires on it that are dry rotted. I'm lucky, it could have been worse.
Why did I buy it? Where I am in Louisiana, it was the ONLY SN95 for sale that wasn't completely wrecked or riced out within 500 miles!
The price of fox bodies and SN95 seems to have doubled over the last few years. People want twice the blue book value for a GT that doesn't even run it seems. I was lucky to get mine for the price I got, I saw a V6 base model 95' for sale and they wanted 6,000$ People are insane if they pay that for some base model 15 year old car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i havent seen many "ricer" stangs here in vegas.. most of em are done up right.. but i do run into the occasional mustang with fart-can mufflers instead of real exhaust.. those piss me off when i see it.. lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
i saw a tempo with 6" wide japenese letters all the way around the car and windshield . and i thought 1 don't they realize this is a american car ? 2 who knows; what it actually says. because if i was in japan and they ask me to write something in english on there cars i;d proably write hondas lick balls or something . i saw a 87-93 saleen with all the stickers ground effects etc at a car lot after lookin up close at the car it was a 4 cyl auto

G

·
i saw a tempo with 6" wide japenese letters all the way around the car and windshield . and i thought 1 don't they realize this is a american car ? 2 who knows; what it actually says. because if i was in japan and they ask me to write something in english on there cars i;d proably write hondas lick balls or something . i saw a 87-93 saleen with all the stickers ground effects etc at a car lot after lookin up close at the car it was a 4 cyl auto
I don't care who you are thats funny right there.......:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where I live we got one ricer mustang thats painted bright orange with stickers and wheels with the brake covers thats got the fake brake calipers on them. Its got some bolt on stupid looking wing on the back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i had a moron in a curb feeler'd v6 stang nearly rearend my jeep liberty and tried to to a ricer flyby....he didnt fly by though. :bigthumbsup

P.S.- I drive a honda and it doesnt suck balls. Infact it runs low 12's N/a and thats without a boeing 747 wing on the trunk. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like hondas, my friend Ron has one. He's done alot of work on it. See, thats the thing, he built the motor and beefed up the driveline. He don't have all the visual moron body stickers and poop tube exhaust. He actually worked his a$$ off to make the car go fast, not make it look fast. Thats what I don't understand about people. If you're gonna put bolgnia tube on it, do something to the engine instead of trying to look cool lol!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had a moron in a curb feeler'd v6 stang nearly rearend my jeep liberty and tried to to a ricer flyby....he didnt fly by though. :bigthumbsup

P.S.- I drive a honda and it doesnt suck balls. Infact it runs low 12's N/a and thats without a boeing 747 wing on the trunk. :rollgrin:
You are not a ricer, you are a tuner, you deserve a lot of respect and I'm sure you get flack every now and then from domestics while in your Honda. I love watching youtube vids of tuned CRX's blowing the doors off of mustangs and trans ams. It's easy to spot a ricer, but it's hard to spot a tuner sometimes. Never underestimate or taunt the import community unless you know for sure what the other guy is running! I don't taunt anyone in my mustang, even ricers because my mustang barely runs and is on it's last legs. I'd probably lose to a brand new base model civic right now, with an automatic and the A/C running! My mustang is sad!
At least I'm better than a mustang ricer though, no matter how crappy my mustang is, I am glad I'm not one of those tools.

If you look closely at my avatar, its the day I bought my mustang, it still has the clear out Altezza lights on the back. Seriously, who likes them? They are a safety hazard, in the day time you can't even see the brake lights when they come on, my wife followed me home 350 miles and said that she only saw them once while we were driving under in an underpass. The only way these tailights would look cool is if the car was totaly changed, body kit and a show car, then, MAYBE then I could say the tailights looked cool.
I'm selling these tailights on craigslist, who will buy them? A ricer, and I hope they don't want to pick them up and drive to my house in their ricermobile, because I will have to make fun of them...and probably not sell them because of it.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
there where a few seniors at school that all know me this year because i had my mustang. they were all mustang owners themselves, but there cars looked like ricers. on kid had a 98 v6 that he had all riced out. he had a hoodscoop type thing on the rear quater pannel to look like vents and he had one of those big cobra r spoilers on the back. he too had all the edelbrock, accufab, bbk, flowmaster, ect., ect. stickers on his back window and worst of all were the 22 in. rims he had.

best part was when he first introduced himself to me after seeing my mustang and he tried to convince me to put these huge 24 in. rims on my car. he said that my car didnt look right with "small rims."

·
Registered
887 Posts
LOL I hate these idiots with riced out cars soo much!

Ricer= Huge rims, tons of pointless chrome, fake vents, wings, stickers, etc.
Tuner= "Ricer" style car, BUT built right, stock looking appearence

·
Registered
912 Posts
i have a freind with a 2000 neon r/t that has a full srt 4 swap and put down 430whp, and he put an unpainted body kit and huge wing on it so people dont believe he has a ton of power, one of the sneakiest caqrs ive seen.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
There's a green New Edge that drives around Norman that has a Mr. BodyKit body kit on it. Paint is chipping, chrome windsheild wipers, every piece of AutoZone chrome you can think of (including the stupid fender "vent" stickers). Looks absolutely horrible, and the guy always drives around doing the "gangsta lean" in his seat like he's the shiz.

The other day I saw a black SN95 sixxer with Cobra fender badges above his regular pony badges, regular pony grill emblem, two fart can muffs. Looked like he did a bad job cutting his stock springs to lower the car cuz it was leaning to one side, and 20" chrome wheels.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ever since I started noticing the increase in mustang ricers, I have been really self conscious about my modifications. I know I shouldn't care about what other people think, but the thought of a photo of my car on some anti-ricer gallery really makes me think twice!!! Take my rims for example, I have bullit style 17X9's that came on my car when I bought it, I didn't just go out and buy them. They are nice wheels...but don't match the rest of my beat up car, so I feel like a ricer for having a s4!tbox with rims on it!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Took a pic of this one in my neighborhood last weekend.

Ohhhhhhhh come on now. Somebody had to do it. :hihi:

No hard feelings i hope....

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes!

I live in California too! I know exactly what your talking about. Lol:laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.