Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a mother lovin oposseum and he destroyed the passenger side bumper. Anybody know how to get this dent out? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
without taking it to a body shop it will never be perfect again, but one thing you can do is get a heat gun and heat up the bumper as best you an and try to push out the bumper from the back slowly... kind of work it in different ways as you go.. also make sure you don't keep the heat gun pointed in one place just run it back and forth not to damage the paint. hope this helps..

·
Registered
625 Posts
without taking it to a body shop it will never be perfect again, but one thing you can do is get a heat gun and heat up the bumper as best you an and try to push out the bumper from the back slowly... kind of work it in different ways as you go.. also make sure you don't keep the heat gun pointed in one place just run it back and forth not to damage the paint. hope this helps..
+1 it will never look right, I suggest upgrading to a gt/cs bumper...

·
Registered
462 Posts
As CanAmGearhead said, dents in plastic can pop out with the right amount of heat. Don't be tempted to scorch it. Melting the plastic will make things worse. My preference would be to remove the bumper and heat from the back starting with a low setting and increasing the heat if needed. Keep the gun moving and apply pressure with your hands slowly all around the dent. You'll want gloves. If all goes well, you will be able to pop it out a significant amount, but that crease tells me it's not going to be a miracle repair. The best you can hope for is to return it to close to it's original shape to minimize the amount of filling and sanding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha thanks mirage! Ya heat was what I was thinking about. I didn't think I would get it fixed 100% just wanted it to be alittle less noticeable. But I know white light! I want a gt/cs bumper but sadly I just don't have the cash flow at the moment. Paying for school drained my account...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts