Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,805 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Sorry Chad, I don’t know. Perhaps someone else will recognize it.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
That was what I would call a common ford steering wheel....used in the Tauruses, etc. IIRR

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,468 Posts
For future reference the engineering # on the part will help identify what model it was originally designed for. This # is similar to the catalog part # and the basic way of deciphering the # also applies.
In this case, E43C is 1984(E is the 1980s decade, and 4 for the 4th year of the 80s). The 3C is a Tempo model designation. However, this only means that steering wheel was first designed for the Tempo model but since the same part # is often used on multiple different models you will often see these counterintuitive scenarios. It stands to reason that Ford didn't want to design a whole new steering wheel for the Mustang when it was equipped with cruise control so it just got the very same steering wheel that the Tempo got.
That Tempo version is definitely not a sporty steering wheel at all. I'll bet you could find a newer Mustang one that fits with cruise control buttons. I remember my 1988 had a comfortable sporty steering wheel and they had the cruise control option. Good chance it fits the 1984 column. The electrical plugs may differ but if so you could make adapters with insulated crimp terminals so you don't have to cut up the column wiring.
1987-89:
Wood Steering part Rim Auto part Wood stain

1984-86:
Grey Vehicle Steering part Rim Circle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts