Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My side scoop (passenger side) has a crack in it so I'm looking for a new one. Well, an old one really. I'd rather not have some foreign made junk (not sue if they even remanufacture them). I've talked to a number of people and can't find one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Check out ebay, your local craigslist, and go to local swap meets. Thats where I am going to find some parts for my car.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Which side do you need?

A guy in San Jose, CA is parting out a '69 Coupe that has the drivers side scoup still on it.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1227369922.html

Type this in the Google search engine:

69 Mustang parts site:craigslist.org

This will give a search all over the country on Craigslist.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn! I need the passenger side. I appreciate the link though.

Yeah, I've looked on Ebay...nothing there, unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions! I welcome any other suggestions and links to cars being parted out. :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
Try this Mustang junk yard:

Tosy's Mustang Farm
714 South Street, Rt 1A
Wrentham, Massachusetts 02093
508-384-8777
Open Tues - Sat 8:00-4:30 EST

They should have it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
try old car city in GA they have a website. www.oldcarcity.com. They have tons of mustangs of all years, as well as every other type of car, that they can salvage stuff off of. Thats where i go to find stuff for my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one i might sell... I was thinking that the scoops on my 69 lucky ugly and i was debating if i should just remove them and fill in the holes and paint...the 69 scoops would have looked better if they were completly chrome ex. the 66' scoops are cool looking but the 69 side scoops stand out like a sore thumb (to me anyway)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im guessing you need one for your Grande, not a fastback so on ebay I typed in "1969 Mustang Quarter" and found 2 used ones for $50, one is red and kind of weathered with trim and the other is yellow with trim, but looks really nice. Like you said, it doesnt look like they are getting reproduce, and if they did it would look terrible so you might want to check out ebay, it seems like a specialty shop or even a Mustang junkyard would probably try to get about $100 for just the scoop and no trim. Hope it helps, in my opinion I would get the yellow one.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! Interesting, I always searched for "side scoop," not "quarter."

I actually found a couple today. One guy offered me his (along with another trim piece I need) for $30. Another guy $40. Still waiting for pics, but I should be in good shape. :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts