Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks as the thread title states. I'm looking for a v6 pony grille. Preferably the standard factory grille but I'll consider a pony pkg one. No CS style.

Factory parts sites are ridiculous and so is eBay. I thought I'd be tripping over these as v6 owners seem to be swapping them out for billet etc...

Any sources I may have over looked?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i hear you mean i just put one on my v6 mustang but it was an upper and lower one and i got it cheap but you dont have to take out the mesh stock one it just bolts on over it but ebay is pretty cheap thats where ive been going for all my mods

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks boss but I dont have a v6 grille currently, I have the factory GT grille, with the fog lights...

I'm looking primarily for the corral grille (pony pkg) grille to replace my GT grille...

to be clear, looking for THIS grille:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey folks as the thread title states. I'm looking for a v6 pony grille. Preferably the standard factory grille but I'll consider a pony pkg one. No CS style.

Factory parts sites are ridiculous and so is eBay. I thought I'd be tripping over these as v6 owners seem to be swapping them out for billet etc...

Sorry its late, this was backwards... I'd prefer the corral (pony pkg) grille and will consider the standard v6 grille.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The V6 grills are nice.

Just in case you weren't aware, they are not plug and play with the GT bumper and grill surround. I think you will need some cutting OR switch to the V6 bumper (which I think is much more attractive than the V8).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks yea I've been doing some research.

I dont like the idea of a completely plain grille, or just the tribar to the side. I like the pony in the center, but I do not care for the foglights (or fog light covers) in the grille, so I'm left with the v6 grille which maybe a little TOO plain, which is why I'm looking for the corral pony pkg grille.

I am aware that it wont work with the GT bumper, I've got a painted black, CS/v6 surround already on its way to me, and I konw it will take some light, modification but I think i'm up to the task :)

I just can't justify spending $250~ for a such a prevalent grille when I KNOW there are many v6 people out there who swapped theirs out and they're just collecting dust in their garage or something.

For $250 I'll pick up a saleen and figure out a way to mount a pony on it lol.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
The V6 grills are nice.

Just in case you weren't aware, they are not plug and play with the GT bumper and grill surround. I think you will need some cutting OR switch to the V6 bumper (which I think is much more attractive than the V8).
This is correct. A body shop had to trim my stock V6 Pony grille just a hair to fit it into the Ford GT grille surround and Roush GT fascia. From what I was told, it was a fairly simple task, but it will work.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had the same dilemma. Before we bought the car I knew I hated the stock V6 wheels and loved the PP grille and the extra tri bar pony side badging. After researching grill prices on the net (fleabay, etc) and how much a used set of PP or GT wheels were, we just went ahead and held out for a PP car.

I think you'll be really happy with the PP grill on your GT. Best of luck finding one and getting a good deal. I honestly wish ford would offer this style grill on the GT's (so I could put it on my V6) :bigthumbsup It's soooo close to the new PP grill and I think it would look kick ass. (I'm just saying to add the small fog lights to the current PP grill and put it on the GT cars.)

·
Registered
456 Posts

Black Mustang Billet Grille (10-12 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
This is pretty slick.

Thanks for posting that AM billet grille, it DOES look great.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It fits just fine in GT bumper with the CS surround.

BTW you do need to either glue or screw it in, and you need to trim the 3 mounting tabs on both ends so it goes all the way in.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got one now too :)

Went with the standard V6 one with an American Racing Black Billet overlay...

Loooks great!

Pics to come once I wash it...

·
Registered
269 Posts
That looks awesome :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a pony package car but am wanting to get a base V6 one and put the overlay on like starboi did(only polished). SO if anyone has a base grill laying around they want to sell and ship up to Canada please send me a PM or post here. As well my "corral grill" will be for sale after I do the swap out.

PS Starboi do those projectors you have use the stock H13 bulb?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.