Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put in my first mod on the "new" GT today. Nothing huge, just installed the aux port that SHOULD have come from the factory anyway...but now the fever's hit me again. I already have my eye on a JLT intake, but I'm also going to have to spend money unlocking my tuner because I couldn't set my old car back to stock when I traded it in because of the gears I put in (well, I guess I COULD have, but it would have been a bit unscrupulous :cooldude:) I also test drove a Shelby GT with a short throw while I was looking around, so naturally now I have to replace the shifter in mine as well. Then there's some new mufflers, headers, ambient light kits, new trim, and...no money since the GF and I are talking about saving up some money for a down payment on a house. So uh, anyone got a quick way to make a buck? :shiny:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
1) Bank robbery. They say most bank robbers get away their first time.

2) Drug dealer. Quick and easy. Though this tends to have shady clients.

3) GTA. You can steal some cars and sell them to chop shops.

4) You can work and save and be patient, like the majority of us.

Options 1-3 can have some downside. LOL:laugh:

For real though, the JLT is nice. Made a nice difference for me and only costs $209. As for the tuner, I heard you can send it back to SCT and they will unlock it for like $150 or something. So for under the cost of a new tuner you can have both the cai and tuner. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
BTW, which tune did you leave on the car? If I sold mine I'd leave the Performance tune on. Though I like the Race tune the best.

If you sold it to a dealer, you could have told them (after the sale, of course) that the speedo was going to be off unless they bought a tuner and fixed it. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
You will have to deal with it like the rest of us and spend what you have and hope you can get some more soon, maybe you could sell your g/f's car for some cash :gringreen

·
Registered
661 Posts

For real though, the JLT is nice. Made a nice difference for me and only costs $209. As for the tuner, I heard you can send it back to SCT and they will unlock it for like $150 or something. So for under the cost of a new tuner you can have both the cai and tuner. :bigthumbsup
Since when is waiting not a downside!! :bounce2:

Can you sell your GF? on top of getting the initial money from the sale, you'll probably be saving monthly!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Worlds Oldest Profession?? :winks

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've heard that Kinkos has some really nice copiers that print in color ....

:grinroll:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Since when is waiting not a downside!! :bounce2:

Can you sell your GF? on top of getting the initial money from the sale, you'll probably be saving monthly!

Hahahahahahha ohhhh man you guys are funny that just made me laugh so hard:heha:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahahahahahha ohhhh man you guys are funny that just made me laugh so hard:heha:
Was hoping this would be a fun thread, so far not a dissapointment :yelwacko:

BTW, which tune did you leave on the car? If I sold mine I'd leave the Performance tune on. Though I like the Race tune the best.

If you sold it to a dealer, you could have told them (after the sale, of course) that the speedo was going to be off unless they bought a tuner and fixed it. :laugh:
Haha, yeah I should have, the guy was a real *******. I would have told them to go pound sand but they were the only dealership in a 100 mile radius with the car I wanted. I just left them with an 87 econ tune; if I had sold it private party I would have included the tuner and told whoever it was to stick with the 93 all out :smilie

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sell some body organs. I've heard kidneys are going for a few thousand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts