Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am about to turn 19 years old in January and I've been wanting to possibly rent a 05+ Mustang for my birthday. But why not just get one as a gift? I wish;). My parents wouldnt do such a thing, as I've already got two foxbodies. Although it would be great to drive one of these newer models. If any of you know where I can find a site or something it would be great! I live in a north suburb from Chicago if that may help at all for any near by rental places. Thank you.:)

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Hertz rents them out all day long.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not sure how it works in the US, but Hertz will be glad to rent you a Mustang. If you get the chance do it. I went from a 91 LX to 05, it was worth it.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
For some reason I am thinking that those places have age restrictions. Seems someone on this site at one time tried to rent one and they would not because of his young age.

U

·
0 Posts
For some reason I am thinking that those places have age restrictions. Seems someone on this site at one time tried to rent one and they would not because of his young age.
Very true.

This is taken from Hertz:
On most rentals the minimum age is 25 without an additional Age Differential Charge, and 21 with an additional Age Differential Charge. However, the minimum age for the Hertz Prestige Collection (HPC) and a few select Fun Collection (HFC) vehicles have a minimum age of 25 to rent.
The Mustang is a Fun Collection vehicle.

Most other car rental places have similar restrictions.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You have to be 25 at most places to rent a car. I don't know why 25. Maybe it's because after turning 21, people don't have anything positive left to look foward to.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I believe that you have to be over 25 years old in order to rent a car unless it is for business purposes and you can prove that you are on a trip or something. Even then i think its still 21.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I rented a mustang before I ordered mine to see how it handled and if I liked the interior. I think it was Enterprise.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You have to be 25 at most places to rent a car. I don't know why 25. Maybe it's because after turning 21, people don't have anything positive left to look foward to.
It probably has to do with insurance rates, because insurance rates drop at 25 because you have nothing positive left to look foward to, so you were 1/2 right :gringreen
Actually the insurance is probably the reason.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
You can rent one younger than 25 if you are married or if traveling on official military orders.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah a lot of these places I've checked out won't let me :( The only options are that I either wait until im 25, buy one right now, get married or join the millitary :headscratch:.

Yep, enterprises age limit is 25 too, my aunt had to sign for the one I got.
Could I possibly get my parents to sign for me? But I don't think I would still be able to drive it legally?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Could I possibly get my parents to sign for me? But I don't think I would still be able to drive it legally?
They could probably do it and have you as an additional driver. Sounds like more hassle than it's really worth..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it really does seem more of a hassle. I'll think about it, but maybe I'll just get myself a nice gift for my current stangs ;) Thanks for all info!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go visit the dealer. They will BEGGGG you to drive their cars. Probably won't want you to keep it over the weekend though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you have a friend that has one, you could ask him or her to borrow theirs :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
The dealership is an option. There used to be this classic car dealer called Select Motors that we used to go to when we were 18 and act like we were going to buy and they would just push cars at us. Dealerships these days are desperate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honeymoon Rental

I have the same question - although a little more complex. I am coming to New York (from London) in September on Honeymoon and plan to drive to San Fran over 3 weeks.

We want to do it in style and of course how other than in a Mustang convertible! Hertz don't rent convertibles anywhere in New York state. Can you suggest anywhere else I can try??

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.