Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I'm looking to upgrade my 06 GT steering wheel. This one caught my eye.....
Steering Wheel Upgrade Pic.jpg

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Will it accommodate the airbag and steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it accommodate the airbag and steering wheel controls?
It will, you use your existing airbag and controls. The only downside of this steering wheel replacement that I can see is the price….$650.00 (ouch!).

Reactions: huberoy123

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered one a month ago should have it in a couple weeks. Pictures of them look awesome! I got carbon fiber with black alcantara dark blue top stripe and stitching with carbon fiber overlay around the buttons. I’ll post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I ordered one a month ago should have it in a couple weeks. Pictures of them look awesome! I got carbon fiber with black alcantara dark blue top stripe and stitching with carbon fiber overlay around the buttons. I’ll post pics when I get it.
Have you priced the cost to have the air bag and steering wheel controls transferred? Just trying to get as much information as I can before I make the decision to purchase. Thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you priced the cost to have the air bag and steering wheel controls transferred? Just trying to get as much information as I can before I make the decision to purchase. Thanks.
I’m going to do it myself. I watched a You Tube video that CJ Pony Parts posted a couple of years ago. It looks fairly simple….shouldn’t take more than an hour. Just remember to disconnect battery before you remove the air bag.

Reactions: huberoy123

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I’m going to do it myself. I watched a You Tube video that CJ Pony Parts posted a couple of years ago. It looks fairly simple….shouldn’t take more than an hour. Just remember to disconnect battery before you remove the air bag.
Thanks for your reply. Great advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just going to do it myself doesn’t look very hard from the videos I have seen.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just going to do it myself doesn’t look very hard from the videos I have seen.
Just ordered mine…..all black leather with red stitching. Didn’t go with the carbon fiber option as it wouldn’t match trim in my car.

Reactions: Jlmotox

·
Registered
634 Posts
Are you guys doing a core exchange or sending yours in? How long is it taking if sending yours in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got mine and installed in the car, It is awesome! Totally happy with it! Ordered on April 15th… took some time but we’ll worth it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts