Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced my frt struts today and went with the frpp strut mounts from cj`s ( on sale for $80). so when i ordered the mounts, i got a set of ford oem sway bar links to do at the same time. having the struts off is the time to change them with easy access. i`m not overly pleased with how they look. the new links are alot thinner, smaller ball joint ends, no rubber covers on the ends, but i`ll see how it goes. ive got 93k on the originals.

this is my 3rd set of struts and shocks. i dont like to go more than 50k on struts and shocks. at 50k i replaced them with the gt takeoffs and oem mounts from fords($30ea.) and gt frt and rear sways. now at 93k, the struts and shocks seem fine still, but the mounts went to crap maybe 5k ago and i got some bad frt tire wear. but its getting close to time on the struts and shocks and wasnt about to go through removing them just for the mounts. i`ll do the rears next week.

one thing i do like is that they put a nut on the inside of the bolts, so now they can be torqued on properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think i should start working on my suspension. im at 96 k and nothing has been changed. i was thinking struts and shocks are the main suspension part that should be changed. do you have any ideas on which brand ?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i should start working on my suspension. im at 96 k and nothing has been changed. i was thinking struts and shocks are the main suspension part that should be changed. do you have any ideas on which brand ?
cant beat the gt takeoffs for price. the strut mounts/bearings are what dont last. course i have some rough roads around here, and no straight roads anywhere around so mine take a beating. i wasnt too happy with the oem mounts. too soon to tell on the frpp mounts, but its sure handling good again. it takes the turns like a vette. do you have gt frt and rear sways?

·
Registered
531 Posts
no my whole suspension is stock. i only have tein springs. im going to check out nto and see if their are any deals. with gt takeoffs is their is big difference with the feel of the car?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I just got a set of GT500 takeoffs with less than 300 miles on them. I just trying to decide on what springs to use. I'm considering the Ford Racing N springs as they offer a small drop that is equal in front and back, which I want. I'm also considering using the stock springs. I have heard that the Steeda Ultralites work very well with them, but they drop more in the back, but I kinda like the ass up look. I'll mull it over for a little while longer, but I will definitely be using the FRPP mounts though.

Josh-Check out newtakeoff, they have a good deal on GT shocks, struts, and swaybars

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no my whole suspension is stock. i only have tein springs. im going to check out nto and see if their are any deals. with gt takeoffs is their is big difference with the feel of the car?
i think the gt struts are perfect on the V6. they might be a tad stiffer, the rear shocks are the same. with the gt rear sway, the gt frt sway, the gt struts, new rear shocks, shelby strut brace, upr control arms, wider tires, my car is a monster in the curves :winks the mounts are the weak link. i`m hoping the gt500 mounts hold up better than stock ones.

05mystang, i bet those struts will really be nice. i just missed out on that deal on ebay, so i got the gt`s again from nto.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Yeah I missed those on eBay too, but a couple weeks later Cruizin Concepts had some so I jumped on them. Hopefully I'll get around to putting them on in the next month or so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts