Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a pic of belt route and pulleys for a 5.0 with a pass side vortech V1 and no acc other than water pump and alt. Thanks.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
march has a lot of pulley/bracket setups. might have something. also a guy named alan grove makes really neat alt. bracket setups. i have a lowmount setup of his on my wagon.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the March setup belt was squeelin to beat $%^. Changed to a stock alt instead of 3g, using factory harness. It went away. Tuner says it was trying to pull all the amps from the alt instead of the battery while running. Only probelm is IDK if I agree with that alt is pushing all the needed amps the system should require no matter where they are pulling from, otherwise the system would discharge. Im going to have him swap the wire from the alt on the 3g to a 1 ga see if the resistance drop will help with the load draw. However, Im not an electrician so maybe the battery has a way to deal with big amount of amps differetn than alt like the fact it can push 800 cca. What really confuses me is only draw was the ignition, fuel pump, ecm, meth pump, and thats about it.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI they swapped the 3g for another and it still did the same squeel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts