Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting some nice fatty boom batty tires on the back of my 68, I am going to run them on 15's. I love the look of 295/50's in the back with some smaller (maybe 225/60 or so) tires in the front.

I Just want to know if anyone is running this rear setup. I didn't see it on Dodgestang, but there must be people running it. I just want to know what issues popped up if any. And if you have pictures that would be amazing. The entire internet and nothing specific has been found by me, damned google.

( i was thinking of running cragar black d's 15x8. with 4.5-5 backspacing) but I want to see what actually works before i purchase and dissapoint.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Personally I would use a 10" rim, they will look a lot better and not have to much bow on the tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought that was the size to go with for the rim. Im still interested in the fit? I seldom see pictures with the tires tucked under the fender. I don't need it flush... just dont want them sticking out too far. stiffer springs should keep the tires from rubbing. but is there enough room in the fender well for a 295/50? i guess thats my main question.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had 295/50/15 on 7 inch 94 explorer wheels in wheel wells . they rubbed some on frame rail in front .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.