Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to order a Lethal piece, but American Muscle doesn't carry it. What they DO have, for only $8 more, is the JBA piece.

While I've only heard good things about Lethal's X-Pipe, I haven't really heard anything about this one from JBA.

Now, before anyone asks why I don't just order from Lethal, it's because I'm ordering my CAI, exhaust and tune all at the same time, and I would prefer it to all come from one place, with one order.
Since I'm set on getting the Bama tune, that leaves me ordering from AM.. who I've tried to contact but have got no reply from as of yet.

One last thing.. What do you guys think is louder: An H-Pipe or an X-Pipe?

·
Registered
752 Posts
To me the H pipe sounds deeper, therefore maybe a lil bit quieter. But that is from listening to many(!) posted exhaust videos. JBA makes good stuff. Are you getting the AM AFM discount?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered everything at once as well. I did C&L CAI + SCT tuner with free BAMA tunes for life, from AM. I ordered Lethal's O/R X-pipe from Lethal. I ordered GT500 Mufflers from somewhere else...

When I ordered my tune from BAMA, I included all info/mods including my above sea level track and the fact that I only run 93. They were exceptional in their tuning, I know, cause I put A/F wideband while on the dyno, post mods.

I understand that it is personal preference, which is what I did, but I am just giving you my .02

H-pipe is slightly deeper, x is more exotic-ish. h MAY make a little more tq, x MAY make more hp, but that is an argument in itself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me the H pipe sounds deeper, therefore maybe a lil bit quieter. But that is from listening to many(!) posted exhaust videos. JBA makes good stuff. Are you getting the AM AFM discount?
This is what I was thinking, too.
The H-Pipes typically sound a lot more like a 'muscle car', while the X-Pipes seem to have a more 'tuned' type of exhaust note to them.
Looks like I won't have the option, though, as I think I'm set on getting the BBK LT's with shorty X-Pipe. The last week or so has been a roller coaster hahaha

No, I'm not getting any discount.
I'm aware that they're out there, and have sent TWO PM's to AM staff (only one was regarding a discount), and haven't received a reply on either of them.
This actually surprises me, as from everything I've seen on here, AM has really good customer service.

Maybe they don't like Canadians... :smoke:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered everything at once as well. I did C&L CAI + SCT tuner with free BAMA tunes for life, from AM. I ordered Lethal's O/R X-pipe from Lethal. I ordered GT500 Mufflers from somewhere else...

When I ordered my tune from BAMA, I included all info/mods including my above sea level track and the fact that I only run 93. They were exceptional in their tuning, I know, cause I put A/F wideband while on the dyno, post mods.

I understand that it is personal preference, which is what I did, but I am just giving you my .02

H-pipe is slightly deeper, x is more exotic-ish. h MAY make a little more tq, x MAY make more hp, but that is an argument in itself.
I can't seem to make up my mind on which CAI I want to get.
The Steeda kit advertises a 40+ hp gain, while the other ones don't even come close to that.
Now, I'm assuming that most of that HP is in the tune, but I'm not 100% sure. Are the designs of these CAI's so different that the HP gains would be significantly different?
I called American Muscle yesterday, and the guy on the phone was telling me that the Steeda kit was good for about 40+ HP, and then an EXTRA 20+ with the Bama tune. I had to bite my tongue to prevent myself from calling the guy an idiot.
He told me that the Airaid CAI + Bama tune wouldn't come anywhere near the numbers that the Steeda kit would produce, which I find really hard to believe.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't know who you talked to, but that is a little(no, a lot) silly. I seem to remember they used a JLT on their project car, and I don't think they would pass up easy HP. I really don't believe there is much difference in the quality CAIs, maybe differing appearances. The HP thing has been debated over and over, I arrived at the conclusion that the tune was more important than the CAI. I like the Steeda's look, like the price better on others.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like the airaid kits. I was planning on ordering an airaid for my car once it arrives. I believe all the intakes are going to be within 1-2hp of each other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts