Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been contemplating the GT500 fuel pumps over the KB BAP. Seems like a fair bit of AFMers are against using one. I think they have changed my mind about the BAP...and am now gonna order the GT500 pumps. Can anyone say anything good about the BAP??? I know Tillmans thinks its a good reliable product. Anyone wanna back them up here??

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm running it. It resolved my fuel pressure recovery time after my N20 engages. I recommend it. Also Shelby uses it on their Super Snakes.

Been contemplating the GT500 fuel pumps over the KB BAP. Seems like a fair bit of AFMers are against using one. I think they have changed my mind about the BAP...and am now gonna order the GT500 pumps. Can anyone say anything good about the BAP??? I know Tillmans thinks its a good reliable product. Anyone wanna back them up here??

G

·
Just watch out for the GT500 wiring harness. A lot of them are bad and Ford refuses to recall them. I believe the new wiring harness has a strand of Ford blue woven into them. My original harness was bad and Ford didn't want to cover the cost of a new one until they had the opportunity to test the original harness to determine it was defective.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,531 Posts
Just watch out for the GT500 wiring harness. A lot of them are bad and Ford refuses to recall them. I believe the new wiring harness has a strand of Ford blue woven into them. My original harness was bad and Ford didn't want to cover the cost of a new one until they had the opportunity to test the original harness to determine it was defective.
What symptoms did you have?

G

·
Interesting... Well I don't have that issue. Did they replace the entire harness, FPDM and all?
I don't think they had to replace the driver but to be honest I'm not 100% positive....was it just me or did the site have some technical problems?

G

·
Interesting... Well I don't have that issue. Did they replace the entire harness, FPDM and all?

....seems like that must be a first for you from what I have read. Aren't most these cars full of issues once you really start modding them anyway? I know mine is. I still have a fuel/ignition problem, driveshaft vibrations, cold start....etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.