Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen anyone swap the tail lights on a 71-73 mustang for 67 shelby/ cougar tail lights? I love the looks of the Eleanor style tail lights and thought they might looks pretty sweet on the back of 72. I realize that there will be some fab work involved. Has this been done yet by anyone?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here's '73 Hardtop with them. Looks cool, but I think I'd go with the '65 T-Bird lights instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm that looks pretty sharp. I think I prefer the Shelby style ones without the grilles on them tho. I wonder if they modified the tail panel or replaced it with the cougar piece?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
67ragtopstang do you happen to have his cardomain address? I would like to ask him a could questions.

·
Registered
850 Posts
67ragtopstang do you happen to have his cardomain address? I would like to ask him a could questions.
Sorry, but I don't know where I got those pics. I just collect photos of unusual Mustangs.

Maybe andrewmp6 knows.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That really looks so much better then the factory tail lamps, I think the grills work on the darker car. There was a 71-73 Mach 1 in Mexico one of the mags did a story on the car was really really ugly, but the tail lamps looked good and he had the t-bird lights.

·
Registered
850 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
That 73's interesting, but I don't like the ground effects.

It's definitely better looking than this one:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot!:bigthumbsup

Looks like I will be acquiring another 71 coupe and a 72 sports roof soon as well! Can't say no to free mustangs!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Shelby tail lights for 1971,1972 and 1973 Mustang

Check out my gallery Mustang Ricky my 1971 Coupe has 1968 Shelby tailights they are sequential as well. I used a fiberglass panel as it requires the least modifications. You do have to keep your original tail light panel and cut it to accommadate the Shelby tail lights. You also will need to shape the fiberglass to fit the original trunk line. And of course you need the lights and wiring harness as well If you take your time it looks fantastic!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.