Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im still trying to buy a tuner... i dont care if its used... or is there anyone in texas that has one... i can borrow... just to flash my computer... since i got gears i really need to fix the RPM's and other things :)... just let me know... i will pay to use it, if you live in texas...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, you can't borrow one since they are VIN locked to only one car at a time. If you just need it for a gear swap or tire size change, why don't you just get a speedcal? There are several brands out there. They are usually $89-100 new, but look around in the various classifieds and ebay. You can get them for around half of that. They are easy to hook up and accurate as well.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
drag0nfans04gt said:
Well, you can't borrow one since they are VIN locked to only one car at a time. If you just need it for a gear swap or tire size change, why don't you just get a speedcal? There are several brands out there. They are usually $89-100 new, but look around in the various classifieds and ebay. You can get them for around half of that. They are easy to hook up and accurate as well.
speedcal will kill an auto, messes with the shift pattern.

Seems like the VIN program could be eliminated . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.