Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many on here actually have a GT Turbo Convertible Mustang??? They are really rare and I have only seen 3 in my life at shows and such.

Post up here if you have one!!!!

Don

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw one in the junkyard two weeks ago... That was the 1st one I have ever see....

·
Registered
645 Posts
I didnt even know they came in converetible, most of the ones on FEP are hatchs i think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible... bought it 2 years ago for $700. needs work but I plan on modding it anyway and it is my daily driver(It's the only car I own).

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I owned a 84 hach T top car 10 years ago wish I had kept it
last I saw it it had a 351 in it bummer
OMG, someone got rid of a turbo GT??? What a waste! (I am pretty hypocritical being the guy who parts out turbocoupes, lol)

Steve:kooky:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Geez that reminds me. I saw an old Mexican field worker occasionally in south Fresno driving a 83-84 GT turbo hatch. Looked like it was on its last legs. I'll make him an offer if I see him again.
Also one of the just over 100 84 GT 350 turbo convertibles is here in town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My brother had a 84 GT turbo hatch (roach - sold it to a guy in windsor Ontario for $700 a couple years ago). Years ago, I called the Mustang club of America trying to research my 84 turbo RS Capri and they sent me a certified letter with GT Turbo production numbers - I Gave it to him. If I remember correctly, there were around 4,400 turbo mustangs made and something like 400 or 500 convertibles. I'm pretty sure most of the convertibles were dedicated to 1984 1/2 (20th aniversary) Gt's so if you find a plain GT turbo convertible, odds are it's pretty rare. Contact the SVO club or 4 eyed pride. I'll see if he still has that letter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1984 gt turbo convertible mustang

Just thought I'd jump into the thick of this: Ford made 734 of this model Mustang. I had one which my spouse and I purchased in 1984, original order. Two years ago, it was stolen in Huntington Beach, CA and I haven't seen it since. I tried to recover it but kept getting thwarted by the HB police and the tow company the police ordered to tow the car. I tried contacting everyone from the Chief of Police to their Internal Affairs...my car was towed illegally and the tow company slapped a lien on it with the DMV in less than 24 hours...and the DMV allowed it. I didn't find out til much later the law states they have to wait 72 hours. The police even admitted they called in an invalid tow; however, I was told I had to pay for the tow anyway. From there, I had no help from anyone. I'm sure that when the registration was run, someone knew what that little car was, or could be. It was gun metal gray, black hood scoop, black ragtop. It needed a new ragtop and new paint job, but almost everything under the hood was new or rebuilt. It needed a new a/c motor and I had an appt to have a liner put in the radiator and gas tank...I'd had the car for 25 years! My spouse had died and this was one of the only things we had together for me to hang onto. Besides the fact that it was a great little car, fun to drive and paid for!
So, I've seen a couple of posts here where people have recently, as in the last 2 years, bought just such a car. Don't know if one of those could be mine, but I have all the particulars, VIN, etc on my car. If those parties would contact me with their VINs, I'd know better how to track down the thieves who eventually got rid of my car.
I wasn't even allowed on the lot of the tow company to ransom it!
I did contact several attorneys but no one seemed to have the courage to stand against the HB police! Corruption is everywhere.
It still sickens me to this day.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yeah...old thread...but I was googling "mustang turbo gt convertible" to see if I could come up with some stuff I don't already have and this thread came back in the search.

I've been collecting data on all "four eyed" Capris and Mustangs for years. Then somebody suggested I start a database for the "rare" models. So I did. I guess you could call it a registry if you wanted to.

Here is the door tag data that I have so far for the 1983-1984 Turbo GT (not including G.T.350):

http://www.foxchassis.com/VCLData/Turbo/TurboGT83-84.txt

BTW..there were 742 Turbo GT convertibles made in '84 (including 104 G.T.350).

·
Registered
10 Posts
84 GT turbo convert

I have one of the vehicles listed in registry link listed at the bottom of this post. CUN 236584. Just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Needs work, but now a good driver. I'll post a pic later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts