Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my first mod, I'm looking to get a catback exhaust. I'm having a hard time deciding! Does anyone have the MBRP Race Series Catback? If so, what's the good and the bad about it? Seems to be really new and can't find much info about it. Thanks

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
As my first mod, I'm looking to get a catback exhaust. I'm having a hard time deciding! Does anyone have the MBRP Race Series Catback? If so, what's the good and the bad about it? Seems to be really new and can't find much info about it. Thanks

MBRP is known more in the diesel world than the muscle car world but a decent company. That mid muffler/resonator design will give a very gurgly and throaty roar that sounds more 3V V8'ish than 32V V8-like. From what I hear, a decent product for the price. Drones a bit if you have 3.73's around 2000RPM but that seems to be the case for just about all exhaust systems with 3.73's except for a few exceptions (GT500 axle backs, Borla anything, and Roush axle backs really come to mind and maybe a handful of others).

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
I have never heard the race exhaust in person, but here is the youtube of the Race Catbacks. I wasn't aware of the drone, when I talk to them next I'll bug them about it

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 with MBRP's "Race Series" Exhaust - YouTube

That's just a phenominal noise...

The drone thing is just with 3.73's. It just seems to be the case if you have this gear ratio. But from all indiciations, it's not head numbing or anything. Not like Flowmaster Hushpowers for instance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have owned MBRP Turbo back exhaust for Dodge Cummmins 5.9 diesel trucks for about 6 years. Ran the same system in two different trucks and the system is still holding up great. Fitment was good. That may not mean anything for their Mustang 2011+ 5.0 systems, but is an example of a happy customer. They manufacture their systems in Canada, so it is at least "made in North America", which is an important point for me at least.

If I hadn't ran across a Corsa axle back set, MBRP was high on my list for exhaust systems for my 2012 GT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts