Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch "Motorweek" on "HDT" have a question about what I saw.

They tested the NEW 2012 Nissan GTR 3.8L V6 twin turbo... 500+hp 400+tq. is it possible to just put 2 turbos (and what ones if so) and produce over 500 HP in my 3.8L? theoretically shouldn't the engines be similar?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
ahh grasshopper you have much to learn, the displacement is the only thing they share, just as a 5.0 in a Ferrari is not a 302/Ford
That Nissan engine is so much better, efficient, not to mention the turbos and electronics used are basically Formula 1 inspired
Not that you couldn't build a 3.8 twin turbo V6 ford motor to make 500 hp, but it would take an oilwell of cash/mods to do it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ferraris dont have v8s in them, v10+

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
he didnt even mention the number of cylinders.. it was just an example.. it doesnt matter how many cylinders you have just how much air (and fuel) you can cram into the cylinders and how quickly you can move it in and out.. so really hypothetically, you can get any displacement size to have mostly any amount of power

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Ferraris dont have v8s in them, v10+
you should try to learn something before posting stupidity...the new 458 does, the new California and many others have as well, such as the 308, the Mondial and the F430

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well u dont need to be rude by putting "ahh grasshopper you have much to learn" all i needed was a yes or no, i didnt need a lecture...

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah well u dont need to be rude by putting "ahh grasshopper you have much to learn" all i needed was a yes or no, i didnt need a lecture...
it isn't rude...you're too young to even know that grasshopper was the student name in the old series "Kung Fu" and to lash out at someone trying to teach you something shows your immaturity...try to grow up a little today and take some of this "lecture" to heart before you really embarass yourself in front of your friends or family.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know what it is, im 30, not too young, David Caradine is a good actor

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
so then chill out

R

·
0 Posts
They tested the NEW 2012 Nissan GTR 3.8L V6 twin turbo... 500+hp 400+tq. is it possible to just put 2 turbos (and what ones if so) and produce over 500 HP in my 3.8L? theoretically shouldn't the engines be similar?
Yes, you can TT a 3.8L. TMA used to make kits.
Yes, you can make 500hp+ from them (even with a single turbo).
No, it won't be legal in California.
No, the engines are massively different. You are basically comparing a WWII P51 fighter to the space shuttle. That's how much of a gap there is.
A lot of Ferrari's are V8s.
‪Ferrari 458 Italia exhaust sound by Akrapovic‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the engines are massively different. You are basically comparing a WWII P51 fighter to the space shuttle. That's how much of a gap there is.
I understand, but like the 2 sifferences in cars, there is for example, the said p-51 vs the shuttle, the mustang funny enough (P-51 Mustangs) are designed for dogfights and the shuttle si for straight line speed... I dare you to put guns on both cars and say the gtr will win. I have seen things mustangs and P-51s stunt alike that a GTR could never do... RWD IMO can do things an AWD cant is what I'm saying... and simply put I think I'll just PM you Redlyr b4 I post so I don't get rude people like "Master Sensei" here

R

·
0 Posts
I understand, but like the 2 sifferences in cars, there is for example, the said p-51 vs the shuttle, the mustang funny enough (P-51 Mustangs) are designed for dogfights and the shuttle si for straight line speed... I dare you to put guns on both cars and say the gtr will win. I have seen things mustangs and P-51s stunt alike that a GTR could never do... RWD IMO can do things an AWD cant is what I'm saying... and simply put I think I'll just PM you Redlyr b4 I post so I don't get rude people like "Master Sensei" here
You missed the point entirely...

I was referring to the engine technology. Not to their handling traits.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, see no one sees, I do get the point, I am just making the conversation longer :)

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Draghon take a chill pill, no one is trying to be rude, you just think they are....

Edit: wow really?? Pointless banter...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts