Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find out if any other members have a Hurst B&M 8.8 inch rear differential cover
(with girdle) on their car. If you do... did you have to relocate the stock panhard bar?
It is not mentioned in the AM description, but one of the Q&A asked about it fitting with
a Steeda panhard on the car, and was told they needed a relocation bracket.
Below is a picture of the cover. Thanks!

I got thru to a rep at AM, and was told I don't need to relocate the panhard bar...
Would/could someone please confirm this for me.. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
can't answer your question directly . . . but I can tell you that the FRPP finned diff cover clears with no problem. But, it does not have the "girdle".

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I was told by a few people on modded mustangs that even the girdle covers will clear the stock panhard.

Which I found slightly confusing, because a) why do they have panhard relocation brackets if that's the case, and b) the panhard bar is only a couple inches (at best) away from the factory cover.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can't help you directly, but the Ford Racing cover fits with a Steeda Panhard Bar and Sway Bar or Steeda Panhard Bar and BMR Anti-Roll Bar WITHOUT Panhard Bar relocation.

Steeda:

Steeda/BMR:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Lpw

Relocation of the PB requires a bracket, or added expense.

The LPW cover Low Profile is the route I went. No relocation, bearing cap support, and easy oil change.

T Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts