Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3.90s sitting here and im debating installing them. if you have them do you regret them or like them?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
They take more time for installing them to get them not to whine. It can be done but some installers slap them in like they are ford racing gears and then they whine. mine whined in my 05 but my friends 93 LX was noise free.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive talked to acouple different shop's but the one i talked to today said the axles have to be taken out and everything does this sound correct???:headscratch:

·
Registered
225 Posts
To change the gears you have to take everything out.

So it is best to buy the rebuild kit from your local auto parts store. it was $79 for a 2001 GT at O'Reily

·
Registered
144 Posts
Deffenetly dont regret getting them, best buy iv made and you can deffenetly feel a huge increas in performance:bigthumbsup:gringreen, mine (unfortunatly) do whine:madas: not alot but they do, the shop shaved 150 bucks off the install cuz they couldnt get it to stop whining so i guess that was good, deffenetly get a rebuild kit i got mine off of americanmuscle.com for 74.99, if your car has a lot of miles on it you should look into the T-LOK rebuild kit aswell.

But overall you should deffenetly do the install they will plant you in your seat, and they make the car soooo much more fun:bigthumbsup

Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 3.90s sitting here and im debating installing them. if you have them do you regret them or like them?
I have them in my 2002 GT with auto and converter and mostly stock engine. I really like them. They are as quiet as stock but pull like a freight train.

My car has mostly freeway miles and, to me, the gears are not objectionable at freeway speeds in overdrive. And, when you're ready to pass, just flick off that O/D button or downshift to third or fourth and hang on!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.