Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to Best Buy to buy a harness to upgrade my Shaker 500 to a 1000 with trunk subwoofer. The tech guy there told me he thought my 500 radio harness had all three plugs, and I didn't need it. He'd worked on an '05 Mustang GT Coupe yesterday, and offered to pull my 500 radio out and see what was there. He pulled it out, and put my 1000 radio in and it works; now it has the Shaker on and off function. He also said that the coupe had the large plug under the package shelf to plug in the trunk subwoofer. We looked at my convertible, and where the package shelf would be is a metal part that forms the convertible top well, and no wires were there. Has anyone pulled their rear seat in an '05 convertible and searched for the harness? I may do that. I may also look behind the rear seat speakers.

If the harness isn't there, I wonder where the sub plug wires on the radio terminate? The radio must think the subs are there, the shaker on and off works.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I pulled the rear seat in my 2006 GT when I ran the 1/0 power cable for my aftermarket sound system and there was NO Shaker 1000 harness back there. IIRC, after a certain point, FORD stopped including the Shaker 1000 harness in EVERY mustang. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Mine is an '05 - built 7/05, and I hope it's somewhere in the car -- but the chances are most likely slim.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.