Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
onethat hooked up subs in a 01-04 Gt mustang w/ the Mach 460, can you list how you did it, and if you still used the stock cd player, since most amps are RC cables and the cd player has none i just wanted to hear how you all did it. and if you could take some pics and post pls. thanks

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
There is an "Audio, Alarms, Electronics" Forum on the main list; might want to try in there as well.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
This is a good article to read on how to do it
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

i just used a hi-level to rca adaptor and tapped into the amp speaker wire, and used it like that. i have stock cdplayer and everything else...

2 10inch 1000watt infiniti subwoofers with 1000watt visonik amp.

let me know how it sounds.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carguy1985 said:
This is a good article to read on how to do it
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

i just used a hi-level to rca adaptor and tapped into the amp speaker wire, and used it like that. i have stock cdplayer and everything else...

2 10inch 1000watt infiniti subwoofers with 1000watt visonik amp.

let me know how it sounds.
thanks for the site, hopefully i dont get to lost, i shouldnt but ill report back of how it sounds problly tomorrow. thanks again.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Just make sure becaues if you do it the way i did, dont tap into the wires for the rear tweeters, i did when i was looking for the other speaker wires, and they are filtered with hi frequency filter and you wont have any base.

I didnt do the way the website says because i didnt know about it =) lol
but my loss is your gain.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carguy1985 said:
Just make sure becaues if you do it the way i did, dont tap into the wires for the rear tweeters, i did when i was looking for the other speaker wires, and they are filtered with hi frequency filter and you wont have any base.

I didnt do the way the website says because i didnt know about it =) lol
but my loss is your gain.
you have msn or aolm? if you do pm me it, id like to talk with u some more ^^.if you dont mind

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
I followed the instructions on mustangworld and it worked like a charm. I beleive I used the Legacy LN60 High Level to RCA Adaptor and it sounds great, very easy install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.