Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the sponsors on this site why has there been no mention of any company working on tuning the v6? Since I'm in Vegas I'll contact Shelby American this coming monday for info. Anyone have any news???

·
Registered
226 Posts
SCT needs to release the software. No shop does it on their own.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SCT isn't the only player here. Can someone comment that knows something? Evolution purchased a V6 car.. can you please comment on your progress?

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
this is ******** guys its not ready...they are listing last years parts....they still think and are listing a 7.5 rear end for the v6 when now it has a 8.8...evolution performance does the same thing....none of h&r or eibach have products available but they still list them....

Forget 25whp for only a tune...youll get that for a tune and headers with no cats....

Seen on the 2010 camaro v6 370z 350z g37

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is ******** guys its not ready...they are listing last years parts....they still think and are listing a 7.5 rear end for the v6 when now it has a 8.8...evolution performance does the same thing....none of h&r or eibach have products available but they still list them....

Forget 25whp for only a tune...youll get that for a tune and headers with no cats....

Actually Des your wrong about the 25 rwhp. Follow my link at look over the new tunes. This is based on the new software tune by Jon Lund with 93 octane. With 100 juice our 3.7 jumps to 32 rwhp. This is a testament to the race potential of these new engines and why I cannot understand the backburner attitude by the aftermarket. A race tune with 110 ... hmmmm :smoke: can you say smokin

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually Des your wrong about the 25 rwhp. Follow my link at look over the new tunes. This is based on the new software tune by Jon Lund with 93 octane. With 100 juice our 3.7 jumps to 32 rwhp. This is a testament to the race potential of these new engines and why I cannot understand the backburner attitude by the aftermarket. A race tune with 110 ... hmmmm :smoke: can you say smokin
Hate to put it in front of you like that but heres my message and the reply from jesse at sct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_desmo
Hi Jesse,
I have a 2011 mustang v6...you guys have a tune for it ???If not when is it gouing for sale; what power does a 93 octane tune give and will you do additionnal tune for those of us that will run longtunes without cats?
Thank you:)
Patrick

We are actually working on the 3.7L support now. Just some insight so your up to speed with the development - we purchased a 5.0L and were able to work on it non stop and finally go the software released. The 3.7L is next, dont know if we are going to be purchasing one or look for a vehicle locally but bottom line is that our software can create the tunes but our programmer at the moment cannot communicate or transfer the file to the PCM, thats what our developers are currently working on.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hate to put it in front of you like that but heres my message and the reply from jesse at sct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_desmo
Hi Jesse,
I have a 2011 mustang v6...you guys have a tune for it ???If not when is it gouing for sale; what power does a 93 octane tune give and will you do additionnal tune for those of us that will run longtunes without cats?
Thank you:)
Patrick

We are actually working on the 3.7L support now. Just some insight so your up to speed with the development - we purchased a 5.0L and were able to work on it non stop and finally go the software released. The 3.7L is next, dont know if we are going to be purchasing one or look for a vehicle locally but bottom line is that our software can create the tunes but our programmer at the moment cannot communicate or transfer the file to the PCM, thats what our developers are currently working on.
:bigthumbsup

Thanks for the update Mr. Desmo. I guess SCT has some explaining to do since its preloads are currently being offered by Lethal Performance with Jon Lunds tunes. They also indicate the numbers I quoted. So can SCT address this issue please?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is my latest communicae from Lethal.

Alex,

SCT doesn't have pre-loaded devices for the 2011 V6 yet because their latest tune revision only allows us to flash the 2011 GT. We will however have the ability to flash the 2011 V6's within a few days once the new tune revision is released. At that point we'll have pre-loaded and custom tuned X3's available for the 2011 V6.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

I asked Jared to please update me asap when the 3.7 actually has a tuner.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With all the sponsors on this site why has there been no mention of any company working on tuning the v6? Since I'm in Vegas I'll contact Shelby American this coming monday for info. Anyone have any news???

Contact with CJ at Shelby American was for not. They two are yet able to flash the 3.7. CJ did however mention that the company recognizes the 3.7 engine as special and is "excited" about it.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Neither of which have Ti-VCT.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Its ready as of today, get you info right:nono:. forget 25rwhp try 28 with just a tune,no headers required thats a v6 car. and 31rwhp in the gts. got email from sct there tune is ready.:laughlitt

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its ready as of today, get you info right:nono:. forget 25rwhp try 28 with just a tune,no headers required thats a v6 car. and 31rwhp in the gts. got email from sct there tune is ready.:laughlitt
Two hours ago it wasn't ready according to two sources at SCT. We were told when it becomes available they will post it here. Wag your finger somewhere's else please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.