Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just bought my 3rd foxbody yesturday but my first AOD. Heres the problem, If you floor it from a dead stop, it goes to about 3,000 rpms and shifts into second and then about 2,000 into 3rd and will wine out until I let off to shift into 4th. I have been trying to read about adjusting a cable but I wasnt sure what exactly the "throttle cable" has to do with shift points? I was hopeing someone could explain that to me and how to do it. Its a 91 gt. The trans fluid is black but servicing it is no problem but I dont believe that will fix the shift points. Thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
its not the throttle cable that you adjust, it's the TV cable, it runs from the throttle body to the trans, i don't have the instructions at this time, but check you tube, there is a guy on there that shows how to adjust it, search for "AOD TV Cable Adjustment"

Change the fluid to

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool. It seems simple enough but is there a notch on the cable to where it needs to be locked into so you know where its sopost to be? The guy I bought the car from new nothing about anything and he put the 70mm throttle body on and I think he just snapped it all together and then sold the car. So is there a spot to set the cable at before you snap it in and lock it.?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The TV cable has a sliding piece on the end (where it connects to throttle body)that lets you add tension or remove it. Slide it one way and see how it shifts. It takes a bit of fine tuning to get it where you want it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.