Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever done this swap? If so what tools are needed to complete this job? How long will it take, me and my step dad will be putting it in together. Also we will be ordering a kit to do this does anyone know a good place to get it, I'm so far leaning towards ampperformance. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Here is a complete
AODE - T5 Swap Article

eriks95gtstang said:
has anyone ever done this swap? If so what tools are needed to complete this job? How long will it take, me and my step dad will be putting it in together. Also we will be ordering a kit to do this does anyone know a good place to get it, I'm so far leaning towards ampperformance. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AOD T5 Swap article

This was a good post.Though I did not think I would find myself on my back&on cold concrete again.My Sons friend had a 95 in need.I took It just as the article layed it out.My only concern was the electrical aspect on it,for me to jump right in..
I did not mix.All stick stuff for the stick,know what I mean?
Did not want problems maybe with a"pin#30 diode" Auto EEC Processer,for the starter solenoid signal return which I read could be waiting for me using the Auto EEC,a side from a plus to a non engine retard during shifts,using the Auto EEC Processor.
The Manual EEC and Manual firewall to Trans wiring was used.A side from remembering it will start in gear.This lay-out went very well,and fired right up.
Note,The only thing that gave a problem,was the aftermarket alarm system.If its buried where the clutch pedal assy needs to go,and you remove it for that.Ours had to be 100% back in place to start.even after checking with the installers of the system,who said taking it out will not effect te original factory system.Not!!
That was it for problems.The T5 changed the beast for sure.
Thanks for all your work here Guys,and the efforts you all put out for FORD'S Little Hot Rod. The Mustang !!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Getting the clutch pedal assembly from under the dash will be the toughest and most frustrating part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah me and my grandfather just did the aod->t5 swap on my driveway, everything went well except we still need to get the reverse lights working. the hardest part was changing the pedal assembly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.