Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i changed my auto 94 gt to manual and i'm having trouble getting the reverse lights to work. does anyone know which wires are for the reverse? and does anyone elses clutch feel heavy who's done this?

thanks,
pat

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
There are two lug-type terminals on the driver side of the T5 for the reverse light switch. Unsure about the '94's wiring harness. From what I've read, you don't want to connect the neutral safety switch to the car though. Tmoss?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The reverse light switch is the switch in the side of the transmission - the one on top is the nuetral sensing switch (not a safety really - lets the EEC spill codes).

There is a hardware difference between an auto EEC processor & a manual EEC processor. The difference is because of the way the NDS [neutral drive switch, manual trans] & the NSS [neutral safety switch, auto trans] are wired. They are both wired to the same pin#30 but the auto trans wiring grounds the pin to the starter solenoid & the manual grounds to signal return, during crank mode there is a voltage spike sent to pin-30 so the auto trans processor has a diode on pin 30 where as the manual processor doesn't, most of the time this won't cause a problem unless you get into a prolonged crank condition. If you’re using a manual EEC in a auto harness, cutting the wire to pin 30 will keep the “signal return” pin 46 trace on the EEC board from frying, but you won’t be able to pull codes after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.