Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i, like so many others, do not like driving an AOD in my mustang. I have been considering doing the swap for about 6 months and now that i will be done with school for the summer and have some cash, the time has come. I would like to know everything that i will need for the swap. I keep getting different answers.
1. World Class T5 transmission(used in good condition)
2. Bell housing
3. Pedal assembly(with wire harnesses)
4. Flywheel
5. Backing plate
6. Cross member
7. Wires and wiring harness from firewall to transmission
8. Billet firewall adjuster
9. Clutch fork
10. Clutch
11. Fitted drive shaft
12. Shifter boot and bezel
Am I missing anything? Also, I always hear about companies that sell kits
for this application. Any good companies out there with good low prices?
I will be selling my AOD after, what should be a good price? It has just under
36,000 miles on it, and only 1000 since it was rebuilt, I still have the receipt,
and it is still under the warranty. Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
142 Posts
You will also need a pilot bearing or Bushing. Also you need a clutch cable, stock or adjustable, your preference. I did the swap a year ago and it went smoothexcept I used a transmission company out of Tallahassee FL and they didn't know the difference between 97-93 and 94-95 mustang T-5's and I also used Summit Racing for some other parts. There are some good instructions on this site, I used them. The hardest part is putting the pedal assembly in, tha's aggrivating working upside down under your dash, but it should take you about 4-5 hours to get that in. If you run into snag's just post something and you wil get answers.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ProMotion or The Driven Man

ProMotion Powertrain ProMotion Powertrain builds lots of street and strip 5-speeds, almost exclusively for Mustangs. They have all the support parts to make the swap. Their website is OK but I would give them a call since you need a bunch of parts. Talk to Walt or Wally.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow guys, great stuff thanks. Right now, the prices seem decent. I would like to know about how much I will be able to sell that AOD for, that I mentioned in the original post. That will determine how many used parts I will be buying. Any ideas?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You should be able to get between $750-$800, maybe more since you have the warranty papers.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can i sell it to get the most money, and find the correct crowd? ebay, craiglist?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Craigslist is good, but like it has been said, watch the scammers. If you have multiple cities around you that are on craigslist, try listing it on those too.Ebay is ok, but you have the seller fee's then have the hassle of setting up shipping charges. I learned my lesson on their with shipping, only sell in North America now....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts