Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Promotion will build you a T5 that will handle 700 hp but I know they don't make gear sets as I never said that. They are local down here in South Florida and also do rear ends and all types of manual trannys.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Promotion will build you a T5 that will handle 700 hp but I know they don't make gear sets as I never said that.
Sorry, I wasn't saying that you said they made gear sets. It is just that Promotion doesn't have anything magic that isn't availble elsewhere.

The Astro A-5 T-5 with the 9310 main shaft is rated at an estimated 650 HP on their website today.

The GForce gear set with the 9310 main shaft is rated at an estimated 600 HP on their website today.

The strongest T-5 I see today on the Promotion website is their "Bulletproof" 600 HP unit. Since it has GF in the stock number and the GForce gear set is rated at an estimated 600 HP, that would be a match.

Perhaps Promotion was using higher numbers like 700 HP sometime recently, but has since lowered the rating to meet with the gear manufacturer's specs now.

My point is that 650 HP is tops for a T-5, and that a "strong" T-5 will have to be either a GForce or an Astro inside regardless of the name on the outside.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
OK back on track, though I'm basically starting from scratch. Thats the suck part of owner older vehicles.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts