Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
added a bit of fluid to top up now slipping at take off and clicking noises,at take off if i give bit of gas it catches and goes again,but when warms up it seems to do way better.
when in park it makes whining noise,sorrta what im doing now,what would this be about,do i need new tranny???
thx for help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol just read 140 pages,so much useful info here,but trany still buggered

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Need more info. Why was it low, was there a leak and where was it? Has the leak been fixed? How long was it driven on low fluid? How long has it been slipping? What kind of noise... grinding? Rattling? Crunching? How many miles on the transmission?
It does better after it's warm due to the fluid being circulated. When it's cold, the fluid has drained down and it'll slip until it's pumped up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i mighta overfilled it a little bit??/would that do it,i didnt see any leaks no oil on ground ever,130k on car i bought it used so dont know what is done to it,its a whinning noise when in park and a clicking noise when going but when wars up seems to be close to working order,slips when starting out cold or if give the gas to much

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rattling gettin louder,how much for a tranny up north in canada ???? lol= weep

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow didnt think i gonna make it home,clunking hard when i backed up then cluncked a bit when i went forward then ran fine lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.