Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently purchased a 1965 front driver's side spindle to replace my worn 1966 fds spindle, only to receive it in the mail and find out that the spindle I've received is thicker than what I once had on. My research tells me that the spindle's should be interchangeable, but can anyone confirm this? thanks for the help, all mustang enthusiast.

-Puma:mad::mad::angry:angry:angry

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
So I've recently purchased a 1965 front driver's side spindle to replace my worn 1966 fds spindle, only to receive it in the mail and find out that the spindle I've received is thicker than what I once had on. My research tells me that the spindle's should be interchangeable, but can anyone confirm this? thanks for the help, all mustang enthusiast.

-Puma:mad::mad::angry:angry:angry
Hi
There were not many differences (dimensionally) in suspension parts for 65-66. Most of the changes occurred in cosmetics and accessories availability.
Now, this is not to state, depending on the after-market subtle changes may not have occurred in the quality of finish.
There is so much junk out there you have to be careful where you buy your repo parts. It's a "buyer-be-ware" market place.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
657 Posts
What do you have, a 6 cylinder--V8?

The 6 cylinder spindle is smaller than the V8.

V8 Spindle for Drivers side will be a C4ZA 3108--or a C5DA 3108.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
What do you have, a 6 cylinder--V8?

The 6 cylinder spindle is smaller than the V8.

V8 Spindle for Drivers side will be a C4ZA 3108--or a C5DA 3108.

Dan @ Chockostang
Dan,

Within, those P/Ns, what's the difference(s)?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dan,

Within, those P/Ns, what's the difference(s)?
The 6 Cylinder has a smaller Spindle pin than the V8.

If the one you bought is bigger, it might be a 70 Drum Spindle???

What are the numbers on the REAR/Motor side of the upper arm.

That will tell all.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The 6 Cylinder has a smaller Spindle pin than the V8.

If the one you bought is bigger, it might be a 70 Drum Spindle???

What are the numbers on the REAR/Motor side of the upper arm.

That will tell all.

Dan @ Chockostang
Hi Dan,
I think you miss-understood my question. You listed two FORD P/Ns for front spindles. I know the 6's are smaller. I was asking if those two P/Ns were for 65 and 66 spindles respectively, since you noted they were V8s. (Quote:V8 Spindle for Drivers side will be a C4ZA 3108--or a C5DA 3108).
The reason I ask, I document FORD P/Ns for future reference.
Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Dan,
I think you miss-understood my question. You listed two FORD P/Ns for front spindles. I know the 6's are smaller. I was asking if those two P/Ns were for 65 and 66 spindles respectively, since you noted they were V8s. (Quote:V8 Spindle for Drivers side will be a C4ZA 3108--or a C5DA 3108).
The reason I ask, I document FORD P/Ns for future reference.
Thanks!

The C4ZA, and C5DA Spindles are identical. Both were used in 65 66 V8 Applications for Mustang and Falcon.

The Spindle for the V8 66 Fairlane was a C6OA. Many get these mixed up with the Mustang Spindles.

The C6OA has a 1/2" longer steering arm, and the Taper for the Tie Rod is larger at the bottom. 65 66 Mustang outer tie rods will flop around in the C6OA spindle.

Hope this helps kenash.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The C4ZA, and C5DA Spindles are identical. Both were used in 65 66 V8 Applications for Mustang and Falcon.

The Spindle for the V8 66 Fairlane was a C6OA. Many get these mixed up with the Mustang Spindles.

The C6OA has a 1/2" longer steering arm, and the Taper for the Tie Rod is larger at the bottom. 65 66 Mustang outer tie rods will flop around in the C6OA spindle.

Hope this helps kenash.

Dan @ Chockostang

Yep! Good stuff
Happy Trails!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts