Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a 1989 mustang was produced before April does it still get the anniversary title or does it have to be April or after and have the badges. Also are the earlier 1989 cars any more or less collectable.

·
Registered
545 Posts
No the ones before April aren't, but I don't think anniversary years are worth anymore than any other mustangs. At least the for the fox body.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
There is no 25th ann mustang. Price on any 89 or 90 is the same.

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is no 25th ann mustang. Price on any 89 or 90 is the same.
Actually there is, and my car is a 90. I believe they technically made them from 89 1/2 to 90 1/2. This would coincide with the whole 64 1/2 thing, but I don't think there is any price diff like you said. Besides this fancy emblem on my passenger side dash I never noticed any different options etc. Looks cool though :yelwacko:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Actually there is, and my car is a 90. I believe they technically made them from 89 1/2 to 90 1/2. This would coincide with the whole 64 1/2 thing, but I don't think there is any price diff like you said. Besides this fancy emblem on my passenger side dash I never noticed any different options etc. Looks cool though :yelwacko:
+1
yup i have the 25th too, different passenger side badge but thats about it

·
Registered
142 Posts
+1
yup i have the 25th too, different passenger side badge but thats about it
I also have that cool little badge, but I would have rather had the 351 with 300 hp that was being speculated the 89's were going to have in commemoration of the 25th anniversary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wasn't the 7UP convertible the "anniversary" edition? Dark Emerald Green 5.0 LX convertible with GT wheels, white top, and white leather interior.

I have a 90 vert and had a 90 hatch and both have the "25 years" badge on the dash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 89 hatch was made in 88 i guess thats why it has no 25yr tri bar badge on dash. my 90 convertible has dash badge with 25yr badge.the years after that have similar badge but 25yr not on dash badge.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Once again there is no 25th ann mustang. You can buy the badge for $5. As for the 7up it was limited edition not ann. And fyi I have a mid 89 gt.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Once again there is no 25th ann mustang. You can buy the badge for $5. As for the 7up it was limited edition not ann. And fyi I have a mid 89 gt.
It's true. I have a 90 with the badge but they were badged from 89-91. That's a long anniversary. And there is no difference at all besides the badge.No special production number or anything. It was another marketing gimmick by ford to boost sales. If you want an anniversary car I'll sell you my badge.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
LOL Keep yours! Sell them one of the $5 ones for $20.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
492 Posts
my old 89 came with 25th ann badge..they did come from factory with em threw them limited times...i know cuz my dad bought it an had it since new an its always been there:winks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
lol Good 'ole Spd getting agitated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I suppose everyone has a different opinion on what the word "anniversary" means. It's funny to see people get mad over a badge.

Just because they didn't change anything on the car doesn't mean that a 25 year way point in production couldn't be considered an "anniversary" to some people. Who cares if they didn't do anything special. Try telling your wife your "TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY" isn't important. :gringreen Come on, anything special happen that year? lol. Didn't have to. Still TECHNICALLY an anniversary.

Of course it's a marketing gimmick, but who cares. Ford was obviously acknowledging a certain date in time by putting a stupid badge on the dash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts