Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Are the ceramic headers worth the extra $$ on a Fox Mustang?
I have an opportunity to purchase a set for $275 (ford racings 1/5/8).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
269 Posts
They are supposed to help with heat transfer in engine bay. other than that i they are the same on the inside. they will still rust after a few years as well.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Eventually it will flake off, if you want to spend more than spend the extra money and get 1 3/4 headers :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you can get Ceramic Coated Headers, for $275.00 at that price I'd grab them. And as far as rusting and flaking, that's all I have on my cars. And in all the years I've had them, I've never had any problems with them rusting or flaking. They must have bought a fluke set, because that normally doesn't happen with Ceramic Coated Headers. Chrome Headers will rust, and flake but not Ceramic Coated that's why you pay the extra money. I've had mine on for six years now, and they still look as good as the day I put them on but I paid a lot more then $275.00 for them, Mike. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Ford uses Jet Hot coating which I've never heard a bad thing about. There are other brands out there that I'm not sure of. Good price no matter what.
Dave

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I had my headers ceramic coated 10 yrs ago and the still look the same..... No chipping or flaking.:nono:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I got MAC LT headers that are ceramic coated and they look great even after multiple oil leaks (little problems I have had to tackle) and having the oil cook on there. I have even used polish and it has all come off and look just like new. You could never do that on a headers that is not coated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts