Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered A Bassani Off-road x-pipe and Magnaflow exhaust. Is the only purpose of the MIL eliminator to keep my check engine light from coming on? Will my car run fine without them? I have a '99 GT manual by the way....Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep for light. If you have a Predator you could use that instead.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
They only turn the light off so you can get the thing inspected. However, MILs have a bad habit of being huge pieces of sh*t and either not working from the get-go or failing soon after installing them. In my opinion, they are a waste of money and the only correct way to turn the light off is with a handheld tuner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'll disagree with Monkey Boy. I've had 2 sets of MIL Eliminators. The first set for over a year with no problems. Turning the rear O2's off with a handheld tuner is not always a good way to do it. If your area requires an OBD system scan for inspection, the car will have 2 unset readiness codes with the rear O2's turned off. That may be enough to fail the car. So the obvious answer would be to turn them back on right, NO. Because when you go drive the car to set those readiness codes, you'll most likely get a MIL on, which when you use the tuner to turn it off, you'll get 5 unset readiness codes. Just get a set of MIL Eliminators. I've been through all that and it's a HUGE hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.