Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my s-trim today! and damn if im measuring it right it looks like alot of boost

my crank pulley is 7 inches and all 1 piece, and blower pulley is 2.75 thats measuring from the diameter of the entire pulley not just the ribs

how much boost is a 7 inch crank and a 2.75 blower pulley with a powerpipe going to make thru my car(look at my signature)

heres the vortech impeller speed calculator
Support | Vortech Superchargers

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The pulley for the head unit states its size on it and should be 3.33 for 5-6 psi the crank pulley is 6.87 They told me to run 10# i needed the 3.12

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
My setup is for under drive dont know if that matters as far as the head unit pulley. They acted like it did but from what i see on there website it doesnt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd guess 10 -12 lbs with your setup. The intake and heads should flow better, dropping the boost 2-3 lbs lower than stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn looks like i need a good tune

i hope 12# will be ok on my hyper pistons?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it dosent say i looked everywhere

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
measure the outside diameter. subtract 1/4" that will be whaqt you have. The crank pullies are all 6.87. They told me to run 10-12# i needed the 3.12 pulley. If you got a 2.6 pulley thats way too much boost that will be like 18# buy the limit valve see if it works.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so the outer diameter is 2.8 inches or in metric 7 centimeters

so minus 1/4 of it is 6.6 centimeters or 2.6 inches

so i have a 2.6 pulley?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Yep thats way more boost than you can run, its the smallest pulley they make, try the limit valve. I was going to. If you dont want to let me know ill buy the pulley if its an 8 rib.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what pulley do you think will make 10.5-11psi thru gt40p heads cobra intake full 2.5 exhaust and a trickflow cam if that matters thru my old v1 s-trim with a POWERPIPE shifting at 5800rpm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.