Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im michael and im building a 302 to put in my 93 lx, i am looking for the least expensive way to get a set of ok aluminum heads, i found a set on ebay 190cc with 60cc combustion chambers completely assembaled for a lil over 550. i know they arent near as good as afr i mean the price says that much

·
Registered
636 Posts
whoa buddy. you get what you pay for. ive seen those heads run great after $1000 in machine work/porting(ran on a 700hp chevy 350). but thats the only way they will even run....they make great door stops too!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
have a un touched set the 210cc on my 331 Work just fine no problem

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I have heard that the quality of the machine work on these heads can be pretty poor. The rocker arm studs were out of position and some studs weren't sitting perpendicular to the head surface. In other words, they were leaning to one side. You may luck out and get a good set or maybe you'll get a set with the above problems. The castings can also have their own set of problems with pin holes in the water jackets or else where.

I read about these problems on one of the forums, so take that for what it's worth. It's a gamble when looking at heads with their price being half of what a good set will cost. These heads come from China by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.