Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Ok... I have my pony for about 2 months. It has about 3000+ miles on the clock so now I'm ready to stretch its legs a bit.
Does anyone know any cool drives around Arlington?
Where my Mustang can growl a little bit. :)

I want somewhere safe. I don't want to kill or hurt someone. Some deserted road would be ok...ish. Some race track would be even better. Place where I can pay 10er and drive... :) Just drive... And don't look at my speedo or for police hiding in the bushes.

Since I'm born European I would like to see some corners as well. ;)

I was trying to Google it but either I don't know right words or places like this are not enough advertised on the net.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello,

Ok... I have my pony for about 2 months. It has about 3000+ miles on the clock so now I'm ready to stretch its legs a bit.
Does anyone know any cool drives around Arlington?
Where my Mustang can growl a little bit. :)

I want somewhere safe. I don't want to kill or hurt someone. Some deserted road would be ok...ish. Some race track would be even better. Place where I can pay 10er and drive... :) Just drive... And don't look at my speedo or for police hiding in the bushes.

Since I'm born European I would like to see some corners as well. ;)

I was trying to Google it but either I don't know right words or places like this are not enough advertised on the net.
There are some nice roads outside the beltway over in the Clifton area that I like to hit up every now and then. :bigthumbsup

I'm with you -- I like the corners over the drag strip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some nice roads outside the beltway over in the Clifton area that I like to hit up every now and then. :bigthumbsup

I'm with you -- I like the corners over the drag strip.
Cheers buddy. :bigthumbsup
I'll check it out.

About those corners... It seems that this pony can actually take them.

I was testing 06 V6 at some point and (no offence) it was THE WORST handling car in my life... And I was driving some bad ones. Believe me. :)
It handled like a tractor with punctured tires... So it put me off from stangs for almost a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are plenty of fun little "sections" of road in Arlignton, but no where to "stretch legs". Perhaps route 66 ?

Best to head out into the country. A nice drive is out Route 55 west of Fairfax. Clifton is nice. There are fun roads in western Loudoun county along the ridge to Clarke county.

maryland, lots of fun roads potomac, md and north around frederick and beyond.

The biggest issue is that the speed limits are often 35-55mph and the penalties for speeding are great.

Consider taking your steed to the track. VIR, Summit, NJMP, Beaverun, Pocono are all inside a 4 hour radius. Check out www.TrackDaze.com and Welcome to NASA Mid Atlantic if you wish to come out and have some fun.

drving in the washington area is a true test of patience.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would definitely recommend the roads around clifton. All backroads that seem to go endlessly in every direction. So weird since its in fairfax county..

If you want truly excellent roads and don't mind driving a little bit, you need to go to Stafford. Get off on the Garrisonville Rd. exit and head west. It's only about a 45-1hr drive to get there on a weekend.

There's also Joplin Rd. (in Quantico Station, VA according to google maps), which runs between Quantico base and Prince William forest park. it's just a long stretch of twisty road running through some beautiful woods with basically nothing in sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts