Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to mustang......the 04 looks like a damn family car & nothing like a mustang from back in the day...soon as i saw the new 2005/2006's..i was hooked on the looks of it...so good looks on ford for "sports car of the year" & the new f-150...those are the best trucks ever.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Own an 04??? Nope! Prior to my 05 I owned a 98 vert and before that a 94 coupe. So I guess this makes me a three-time Stanger!!! :laughlitt :cool:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
While I've owned many Ford vehicles, and wanted a Mustang since I was a kid, this is my first. I came really close to signing on the dotted line in '86. I always wanted a blue '66 fastback, and had plans to buy and restore one. After I purchased my F-150 in 2000, I received a magazine from Ford, and there was the Mustang concept vehicle.:eyepoppin I knew there and then that I wasn't going to go the restoration route.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is my 2nd Mustang. I've had 10 years of fun and reliability with my '96 V6 coupe. But I've ALWAYS wanted a GT. When the 05's came out, I knew that my 96 would be replaced in 06 with a GT. Ford got it so right this time, I HAD to have one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my third Mustang. I have owned two different 1986 GT's. I do have a 2004 Ford, but it is a Ranger Edge extended cab truck with the 4.0 V-6 and a five speed automatic. When I test drove an 05 Mustang, I drove one with this powertrain, but decided that I wanted something more like my old GTs with a V8 and a manual five speed.

I always wanted a 67 fastback. The 2006 is close enough.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nope. Never even considered an '04. My 2005 GT Vert is my 7th Mustang. I have been the proud owner of:
1965 Mustang Coupe (Auto, Air, Pony Interior)
1967 Mustang GTA Coupe (Auto, Air, Deluxe)
1973 Mustang Grande (Auto, Air, Deluxe)
1979 Mustang Turbo Hatchback (5-Speed, Air, etc.)
1967 Mustang Coupe (Auto, Air, Deluxe)
1987 Mustang GT Hatchback (5-Speed, Loaded)

I owned the '87 until I saw the '05. The '05 is the first Mustang in ages that made me want to sell the '87 after 18 years! :wavey

·
Registered
454 Posts
Owned a 64 1/2 many years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not an 04 but a 2000 and a 2002 also 65 coupe and currently 65 fastback and my 06 GT. 99-04 were good cars but just can't compare :worship to the 05-06s

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
78,79,82,86 and now 06.

The 79 was a major redesign, got a lot of stares, 78 was a tank, 82 and 86 were nice, didn't care for the styling after that plus I got married and had to give up the toys :laughlitt But I just had to have a 05, ended up with a 06. Best yet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is the first Mustang I've owned besides the 66 coupe my parents bought me in 89 (still have it). Haven't even been tempted by any of the body styles since 70 until the 05 came out. Soon as I saw it, I started saving and planning for when the F150 was paid off! Went to an auto show in 04 just to see the 05. Sat for a VERY long time just looking at it. :laughlitt Can't say I have any regrets about waiting!

I have a friend who currently owns an '04 GT (anniversary edition) - he got a GREAT deal on it as a leftover when the 05 came out. He really loves it and has no regrets about not waiting for the new body. He also owns a Saleen vert he's just crazy about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '05 is my 4th stang. I've owned an '89 and two '93s (the first of which was stolen). Took a break when they changed in '94 because I wasn't fond of the modest looks. Thought about an '03 or '04 but when I first saw the concept of the '05, I knew there was no substitute.

Actually, just remembered, I've owned two '05s. My first one was totaled out by some 85 year old woman...

·
Registered
139 Posts
First Mustang and First Ford....I was a Jeep Wrangler Man for 9 Years, but have always owned convertibles in one form or another !

·
Registered
599 Posts
I liked the 82 mustang GT, but I ended up with the 83 GT. It was a torque monster, 275 lbs @ only 2400 rpm, wimpy 7.5 inch axle was gone at 48000 miles. I've wanted one ever since i sold it in 87'. My family thinks I've gone nuts, 2 05 mustangs and now an 06.........crazy lika fox.:winks

gt

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
nope, 06 is my first mustang. always loved the sixties stangs though. like many here i have little interest in the mustangs made from about 71 thru 04. i do appreciate the 5.0 era... when i saw the 05, my interest was quickly re-kindled....:eyepoppin

·
Registered
785 Posts
I owned a 66 coupe, a 66 convertible, a 79 Cobra and now this one. I sold the 66 convertible, emberglow/pony interior for this one.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
GTNOS said:
nope, 06 is my first mustang. always loved the sixties stangs though. like many here i have little interest in the mustangs made from about 71 thru 04. i do appreciate the 5.0 era... when i saw the 05, my interest was quickly re-kindled....:eyepoppin
Exactly the same way I feel/felt here. Does that make us bad? 1st time I layed eyes on the s197 I knew I had to have one. Purchased without driving the GT.

I see we have other stuff in common GTNOS :smoke:

·
Registered
103 Posts
my first Ford

The 06 is not only my first Mustang but first Ford in 20 years of driving. I'm probably only going to be in the US for 5 years (I'm from Northern Ireland) and I wanted something American. I'm also hooked on the V8 sound after owning TVR in Ireland for 8 years. Also the new Mustang looks great and it was a test drive drive that really sold it - a lesson for dealers like Champion Ford who offered a test drive in an e-mail and when I turned up refused to give me one. I ordered from Legacy Ford in Rozenberg after a quick test.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 06 is my 4th Mustang. The first car I bought (not handed-down) was a 1970 Coupe. Followed by a 1978 that I used for my Winter ride when I lived near Chicago. Fel out of stangs and into Jeeps for awhile. After 2 CJs and a 98 Wrangler, I got a 1990 Convert Mustang. I saw pictures of the s197 and was interested, but it wasn't until I saw one in person that I knew I had to get one. Almost got an 03/04 Mach 1, but I drive an hour each way to work, and was alittle big and tall for that body style. I drove an 06 V6 a week before my birthday in August, and ordered my new GT. I absolutley love this car, and it is by far the best built Mustang, if not the tightest Ford ever. I was Ford tech for almost 20 years, so I knew to hold off for the first year, and man was it hard to do!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Never owned one and never intended to. I was a "Mopar or no car" guy. But I made the mistake of taking an 05 for a test drive. That sold me. At the time Dodge has nothing worth looking at. The Charger is an overpriced boat and the SRT-4 is fun but too import-ish for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.