Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I am the only one who lower door skin is not fully crimped, (or what ever the proper term is) to the main door frame.

Take a look at this pic, and let me know if yours are the same way?
Never seen a gap like this on any Ford I have ever owned, my autobdy friend is getting me some special stuff to keep it from rusting, but he also said he had never seen anything like that before

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yep...mine is the same. My 2010 F150 was also the same. I'm in the snow belt, and it seems like a natural catch for salt, but thats the way they all are. I filled mine with LPS3 rust inhibitor, but I spray it in the lower door panels of all my cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is the same .....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
+1

I've got to wonder if it is like that to allow moisture out, or maybe another weight saving / cost saving measure

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wish I could remember where (think it was in an AFM forum), but recall reading that the lower lip was intentionally left that way to allow better drainage and subsequent flushing in snow/salt regions since it's nearly impossible to flush out corrosive chemicals from the joint if its bent over and spot welded...

Once the lower door external panel edge is bent over the lower door frame, it isn't likely to move or to make noise, so that made sense to me...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine's the same.
I'm thinking it'll help in keeping the edges clean instead of trapping all kinds of crap. Sure, stuff'll get in there but won't be difficult to clean out. Easy to rinse.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine is the same. Never thought of it as an issue, but I live in SoCal and don't have to deal with salt.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi mine is like that too and i posted a thread for that and i did not get real reactions every time i wash the car i blow the water out with compressed air and i do not drive the car in winter for sure, and for those who do i am sure this will rust much faster with dirt inside thank you ford told me it is ok like that but no real reason why :nono:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.