Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so for the longest time ive been wondering what the arrow pointing upwards right underneath the "4" on the tachometer does. ive never seen it light up or do anything so im wondering what it does? my guess is that it is to tell you when to shift when racing but ive never seen it light up or anything. maybe theres a way to "activate" it? whether by a tune or something. any input into this is greatly appreciated, theres a picture uploaded so you can see what im talking about, thank you all very much

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My '08 has it too. Couldn't see it without a flashlight, also appears to be a traction control symbol below it. No information in the owners manual or factory tech manual as far as I can tell.

Frank

·
Registered
101 Posts
The GT500 has a different face for the gauges along with reversed speed and tach positions. The arrow on the left is on their speedo and functions as an economy shift indicator. They also get another indicator on their tach (right) side. There is an adjustable performance shift light in the form of the SVT logo that lights up. The cluster hardware is common between GTs and 500s. They get a different gauge face and different programming. Who knows why Ford left the arrow in the GT cluster face. One of those things they never enabled for us I guess. I did a lot of research on this when I was designing custom gauge faces for myself. AFAIK there's no way to enable it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts