Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
no big surprise, since the Mustang is not a "muscle car" but rather a "four passenger sports car"

it says so right on the window sticker ;-)

·
Registered
559 Posts
no big surprise, since the Mustang is not a "muscle car" but rather a "four passenger sports car"

it says so right on the window sticker ;-)
Just curious, is there any car available today that says: "Muscle Car" on the window sticker?

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Just curious, is there any car available today that says: "Muscle Car" on the window sticker?
Even more curious, was there EVER a car that said "Muscle Car" on the window sticker? :smartass:

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
just for grins, I checked a Challenger and Charger window sticker on line . . . and they don't say anything about the "type" of car

. . . Cutlass 422?
I think that must stand for 4 barrel, 2 speed, dual exhaust?

Apparently they must have performed some miracles on that car in 1971, I had a 1970 and I think my mother's Plymouth Valiant would have smoked it in the slallom (sp?)

Not that I really care, but my Washington State registration classifies it as a muscle car.
maybe you should care . . . the libs in charge out there probably have you on some environmental criminals hit list . . . maybe you should move before they catch up to you ;-)

·
Registered
332 Posts
just for grins, I checked a Challenger and Charger window sticker on line . . . and they don't say anything about the "type" of car

I think that must stand for 4 barrel, 2 speed, dual exhaust
That is correct, a TRUE 442 had a 4 barrel carb, four speed transmission and dual exhaust.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
That is correct, a TRUE 442 had a 4 barrel carb, four speed transmission and dual exhaust.
Yeah, that's kinda funny the way that worked . . . my "TRUE" 1970 442 had 4-barrel carb, dual exhaust . . . and a three speed automatic, with the Hurst dual-gate shifter . . . which was kinda cool, but still not a 4-speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts