Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for good pics or opinions on these. Are they hinged to be able to clean the window? I like the CDC as it has wider openings and looks to be easier to see out of, but price comparison, the Astra is cheaper. I've only found the CDC for $399, but the Astra for $199. Anyone have pics of either of these installed? How was the installation; easy? Searched other posts, but didn't really get the answers to my questions, so I'm sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it! Also, where have you found the cheapest/best place to buy from???
Thanks much!
-Toni

·
Registered
28 Posts
Funny you ask... my CDC rear window louver was just delivered yesterday. I have not had time to install it yet, but really looking forward to it. It comes in two large pieces and comes with all the necessary hardware instructions, mounting materials and such. I gotta tell you the first thing I noticed was the incredible quality. It felt very solid and the powder coat gives it a very nice shine. It has two large hinges at the top and two latches in the lower corners (can be swung open to clean the rear window), comes with rubber feet and soft foam trim to keep from rattling and shaking out of place. The installation couldn't take longer than 20-30 minutes with an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I have the CDC louvers installed. They do have wider openings and are very well made. From inside, there is no obstruction out the rear window. You hardly see them. They are hinged at the top with two latches at the bottom that allow you to open the louvers and clean the window. The only installation issue I and a few others have found is getting the top retainer clips on. They hook over the top edge of the glass. Getting the hooked end of the retainer between the glass and the body seems to be a crap-shoot as to how easy they are to install. Some just slide right in. I had to file mine slightly to get them to fit.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/IMGP1348.JPG
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/IMGP1342.JPG

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Could you make the pics a little smaller? Its killing my bandwith!:winks

·
Registered
713 Posts
just go into his gallery.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts