Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car arrived late 6/3 to dealer, picked up 6/4. It has proven to be worth the wait. I enjoyed my 05 for almost 5 yrs, but I like the 11 soooo much better. I thought I would miss the 05, but I do NOT. Plus I can visit it every time I go to CA to see grandsons, cuz I gave it to my daughter for her birthday.

I want to thank JonnyB for his efforts to keep us informed, and hope he had a good vacation because I know his in box
must be overflowing by now.

Gt Premium
Sterling gray
400A
manual
comfort
security
HIDs
19" Nickel lustre wheels
Pkg 7 (scoops, rear cover, louvers)

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congratulations!!! looks great, hope you enjoy it. when you get time away from the drivers seat let us know about your impression of it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! I hope mine looks that good when/if it comes in. I love that color!

If you don't mind telling, when did you order it and when was it built?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered 3/9, was built 4/8, went to AREA 51...

I have only had it 2 full days but absolutely love this car.
The ride is great, power is good, especially when you hit
3500 rpm, it just pulls, almost like an old 4 barrel carb kicking in. The clutch is lighter than my 05 but very easy to modulate. I know I made the right decision to step up to the new 5.0. I cannot say anything bad about this car, it's just great, well worth the wait.
Just finished washing/waxing getting ready for 1st cruise night Monday- good chance I will be the only 5.0 there ! !

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanx alot for the pm this gives me a little hope that my car might be close to being shipped only hope jonnyb comes back with some info. By the way that car looks sweet

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
looks incredible!!!! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome car...Best of luck & enjoy!!!
Also picked up my GT/CS on 6/4 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats!!!

Postalworker, Congratulations!!!:) You have a beautiful 'Stang! Really looks sharp with the nickel luster wheels! Sterling Gray is a really beautiful color! Sounds like you are truly enoying your new baby...please let us all know how you like your new 'Stang. Do you think the car is geared about right with the 3.73's coupled with the lower geared MT-82? I find myself shifting really quick/soon into second gear due to the very low total rear end gear ratio. Sometimes I don't know if I am in second or fourth gear since it is so low geared. What do you think? Really good for quick starts though that's for sure. I totally agree from 3,500 rpm's and up the car really pulls hard and quick and handles like it's on rails. I really like the driving experience so...however we have had a lot of rain/storms which has precluded me from driving the car since I drove it my car home from the dealership more than a week ago. Please continue to update us on your driving experiences and impressions and good luck to you! Congratulations on your 'awesome' new 'Stang! Take care, Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car arrived late 6/3 to dealer, picked up 6/4. It has proven to be worth the wait. I enjoyed my 05 for almost 5 yrs, but I like the 11 soooo much better. I thought I would miss the 05, but I do NOT. Plus I can visit it every time I go to CA to see grandsons, cuz I gave it to my daughter for her birthday.

I want to thank JonnyB for his efforts to keep us informed, and hope he had a good vacation because I know his in box
must be overflowing by now.

Gt Premium
Sterling gray
400A
manual
comfort
security
HIDs
19" Nickel lustre wheels
Pkg 7 (scoops, rear cover, louvers)

Hoping you can tell me when you ordered your car? Thanks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Congrats! Looks great.
Now you won't have to go postal. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Real beauty...Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Congrats and looks good. Yeah remember ya when you said your were goin to take your 05 out west. Glad ya got yours now:) Have fun with her

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.