Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you think of Vista Blue Racing Stripes on a Sonic Blue.:happyhapp I think that would provide a Ghost Stripe effect because the colors are soo similar. I was thinking white but I am 16 and do not want to stand out to cops. Let me know what you think. I have not seen Vista Blue in person so I am unsure whether the two can even be noticed. Thanks alot, Randy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not sure.. Your car though :)
White is classic! Silver would also look very nice. Not sure about two shades of blue. Just drive safe and speed limit and you should not have too much trouble with cops :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
ehh its risky, im thinkin about puttin black stripes on my black stang, but im sure white on ur blue would look hella better just as silver on mine would

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I dont want the extra attention. I dont want my car to stand out at a busy intersection. I think it was the West Coast Customs Mustang that was sonic blue with ghost stripes. I just dont know how Sonic and Vista would match up.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just Checked an old thread... here is what i found...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Having a newer Mustang is a cop magnet no matter which color.A couple of my buddies who work the local police department say the new GTO's are hardest to spot because they blend in so well.

As for striping the car,just go for it! It'll be a constant question in your mind until you make it happen. If you have the stripes painted on,how about a white mettalic with hint of blue pearl to match the car color?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darth said:
Having a newer Mustang is a cop magnet no matter which color.A couple of my buddies who work the local police department say the new GTO's are hardest to spot because they blend in so well.

As for striping the car,just go for it! It'll be a constant question in your mind until you make it happen. If you have the stripes painted on,how about a white mettalic with hint of blue pearl to match the car color?
That would look nice but I dont want a baby blue effect. I do know it is a cop magnet and sonic blue is already a bright color. Hell my plates are begging for a ticket: 1SWTPNY with a 17 yr old driving. You know what kind of attention this would attract?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I recently passed an '05 Sonic blue GT with light blue stripes. I have to admit, I didn't really care for it. I went for the Black and Blue (wonder if there's something there Freud would like to comment on:tongue ). I didn't like the stripes but went for the Mach 1 look. You can see pics in my gallery.

I don't think you're going to see enough difference between the sonic blue and vista blue. From what I've been able to tell, it's the same blue tint with a larger metalic flake. The sonic blue is more of a pearl.

How about some of the color-changing clearcoats? I had thought of doing ghost flames in them before settling on the Mach 1 look. If you really like the stripes you could go with a dark grey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to put silver stripes on my black stang. How much did this cost each of you? Also, where did you get it done?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I want to put black stripes on my vert. The only problem is I don't know how well it will look with the parchment top. Any ideas? I thought of going with the "black, blue and chrome" look since there is already so much black and chrome on the car and my calipers are black along with some rotorpro black powder coated slotted/drilled rotors. There is a sandstone stripe that looks close enough to the top to match...but it wouldn't match anything else.

So, bottom opinion...if your car is a coupe IMHO I think black stripes look best and don't stand out enough to attract cops any worse than the car already does.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Darth said:

QUOTE]

Yes.. but you can hear the sound of a mad 6.0L LS2 from a mile away:drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.